Noodles...how can you justify them?

Well hello there.

I am very much enjoying the Asian dishes but I am seeing they come with 2 options - rice or noodles.

Everyone has their own preference, there are rice people like myself and there are noodle people like you, not that there is anything wrong with that.

But why noodles, what is the point, what is the motivation, what am I missing?

I have tried to like noodles but I just did not enjoy them and cannot find a reason for them to exist, is it a pop culture thing?

Could there be a third option for Asian dishes, like hot chips or chicken nuggets for example, just to change the pace a bit?

If the ground opened up and swallowed all the noodles forever I would not miss them, rice can be served in so many ways but noodles are just one-dimensional or more like half-dimensional.

Does anyone actually like noodles at all or are they just pretending to like them to fit in with their friends? 

if they bundled up all the noodles together and shot them into space aimed at the sun I would sleep better at night

It never occurred to you, did it, that many types of pasta are noodles?  Asia doesn't have a monopoly on noodles.  I love rice in certain recipes but a good marinara sauce over rice is a waste of both. I also don't put my stir fries over spaghetti, linguine, buccatini etc.  Beef Stroganoff  over rice might be okay, but it belongs on good, flat egg noodles.

I'm not into Thai or Vietnamese dishes, but I imagine there are some where noodles are perfect for holding the sauces while retaining the flavor of the noodle, while rice just acts like hundreds of little sponges and doesn't enhance anything.

noodles are good in Chinese are horrible in Italian food italian food is disgusting

• WOOWHO

JUSTIFY  verb  to show or PROVE to be "RIGHT"  or REASONABLE    ( appropriate )  the choice of NOODLES has a relationship to the "SAUCE" of a recipe   it is also true  in the ITALIAN CUISINE  various shaped "PASTAS" were created related to adherence of a sauce ..

. next  i do not live in an AUTHORITARIAN culture or society  i am not under ones  authority and need not justify my food choices  and do not interfere with the authors foodchoices perhaps send the question to DONALD  and his friends  MITCH   KIM  VLADIMIR and ABDULAZIZ

AUTHORITARIANISM the enforcement or advocacy  of STRICT  OBEDIENCE to an authority at the expense of PERSONAL FREEDOM  with the lack of concern  of  wishes and opinions of others

i love rice much more than noodles

• denise

Pan fried noodles can be 'jazzed' up with many things,  I like to do them with mushrooms, scallions, soy sauce, little chopped garlic & ginger.

We have these with my home made teriyaki belly pork.

Noodles are an ancient food in the East and enjoyed by most, though some prefer other accompaniments and/or starches.

Since noodles/pasta are found in virtually every culture's cuisine, I will not try to defend them. But I would point out that the best of noodles are made with rice. The defence rests.

We don't have to justify them. We like them, and you don't. More of them for us.

Noodles are yummy and rice is boring. To each their own.

• Anton

I eat very little asian foods, but I do enjoy both rice and noddles; more rice than noodles.

But rice is yucky in some recipes -- my beef tomato stroganoff and Marsala chicken, and Jaegerschnitzel with Spaetzle (home made noodles.)