Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 1 month ago

Was I in the wrong?

My 6 year old step daughter was listening to music and before I knew it, the B word came out. I told my husband about it and he said, “oh.” I told him, “I didn’t know it said that word” and he said, “well it was playing on your phone.” I said, “you’re the parent.” And he said I was too, but I was so mad I said, “no I’m not.” I meant that he was the biological parent and I wasn’t. My step daughter heard us, but I told her I didn’t mean to say that and I was the parent. But do I have a right to be mad?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Just ignore it because if you say anything.............then she will continue.  Most 6-year olds do not know it's a bad word.

• 1 month ago

I think you are ove-reacting here!

So what the song said the word "*****"? As long as your step-daughter knows not to go around using foul language, than it's harmless! My niece who is 6, listens to spice girls and her favourite song is the "wannabe" and its about girls getting laid, of course she doesn't understand the context behind it, to her its just a song that she likes.

Pick your battles here, she's 6! 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

How many of these fantasy questions do you have?

• Jill
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You overreacted.                                 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

I suppose it depends on how involved the biological mother is involved in her life and her relationship with you. If you are the mother figure, then be the mother figure. If the biological mother is heavily involved then I'd suggest having a family discussion on how much of a disciplinary role you should take.

• edward
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Where is mommy? First i want to know where mommy is? If you are the only mommy she knows you have the ability to parent your child. Don’t claim to be mommy and be afraid to act like it

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Such Childish drama

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Well my dad introduced me to Blink 182 when I was 8 so one bad word isn't a big deal

• 1 month ago

Just throw the child in the incinerator and be done with it.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.