Can you lose financial aid in the middle of the semester? ?

If I’m currently failing a class, but still have a while before the semester is over / time to bring my grade up.. will I still be on the edge of losing financial aid? Or will they only judge my eligibility based off of my final grade in the class at the end of the semester. 

The ONLY way you could lose your financial aid mid-semester due to midterm grades would be is you were already under a Financial Aid Warning Status or Probation agreement which specifies that your grades would be monitored at the mid-point of each term....  and that would be really, really RARE.

The second way.

• MS

It is based off of your final semester grades, not any midterm grades.  They have no way of accessing your grades until they are officially reported to the university.

• nancy

Schools have to have a written policy that states when Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) will be assessed. Many only do this at the end of the year, although some do assess it at the end of every semester. SAP is never calculated while a term is still in progress unless there was reason to believe that it was incorrectly calculated the last time that it was assessed.

If you don't understand financial aid any better than that no wonder you are failing classes. Time to get a real job.

• John1 month agoReport

Very funny.  With a few exceptions, "real jobs" tend to require a college degree.

final grade is what they judge. professors do not report grades mid term

• Laurie

Financial aid eligibility Is determined by your CUMULATIVE GPA, not the grade in one class. If your OVERAL GPA falls below the threshold, you will be placed on academic probation... but not if you fail one class.