sleeping problems?

i’m 19, sometimes i wake up gasping for air, a fast heartbeat, and today i woke up because i threw up in my sleep and i’m scared one day i’m going to die from it. does anyone know what’s wrong with me? 

Favorite Answer

The vomiting in your sleep sounds Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) I think that the

grasping for air and the unsteady heart beat is your brain telling you to wake up because you could vomit. You should probably see a doctor, just in case as my diagnosis isn’t that efficient only being 13 and all.

I know that GERD sounds serious but it really isn’t, though it can be if you don’t get the right medical care.

Good Luck 👍🏼

Clear to me you have an underlying health issue, or several! 

When your body throws up, its because there is poison within the body, that needs to be expelled, hence why you throw up. Right off the bat, you have some kind of infection going on inside you, that is causing internal sickness and you throwing up. I'm not going to lie here, if you do nothing about this, you will die from it! Throwing up when your asleep is dangerous because that mucus is getting trapped in your throat and you will end up choking on it, and dying as a result.

Gasping for air? That's strictly related to my point above about your body struggling to breathe through trapped mucus! 

You need to go see your doctor and explain the situation! A series of tests will need to be run:

- MRI

- Generic blood work

- Upper GI

- Lower GI

- Ultra sound

These tests will figure out what it is you have and the best way to treat it.

See a doctor. This isn't normal.

It sounds like obstructive sleep apnea caused by GERD.

it happens when your nose gets

blocked at night due to cold

keep a nasal drops bottle handy

at your bedside it will open the nose

and make you breathe easy

It sounds like you may have an irregular heartbeat or an obstruction in your airway somewhere.See a doctor