Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOther - Health · 4 weeks ago

I'm sick and I can't have a shower. I stink. What can I do?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

Wash yourself with a small towel dipped in water and a little soap. Just do the best you can. I hope you recover soon.

• Roddy
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Have a thorough strip wash.

• 4 weeks ago

After you shower you would feel like you are re-born again.  But if your sickness prevents you from doing so, at least, use wet wipers if you have if not, use a small towel with some baking soda (that will take the bad smell away and it will clean you) or/and soap, and clean your **5 continents** armpits, pvt parts, front and back, feet and mouth.  After you ''feel better'' you may shower regularly.  GOD BLESS YOU 

• 4 weeks ago

Take a shower anyway. Why go around stinking? Who said you can't take a shower when you're sick? It's not going to change anything and certainly not going to make you sicker. In fact, you might feel somewhat better and refreshed after a shower.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • ron h
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

There's not much that could keep you from a shower or warm bath.  Get out while you've got hot water and dry off well and get dressed. If you're a man, and feel well enough to do it, shave your face--or not.  After you've dressed and warmed up well dress warm and walk around the block or just down the street and back.  (Take the dog, if you've got one.)  If you can do a walk, you'll feel better.

• edward
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

You can’t have shower because you’re sick or you don’t have water? Showering when sick is a good thing to practice actually, the steam will open up your pores, clear your sinuses for a little and make you feel a little better even if it is only temporary

• audrey
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

No reason you can't take a shower just because you're "sick", unless you had surgery and have stitches

• Rick B
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Never heard of an illness that prevents a bath or shower. You can certainly take a sponge bath.

• patty
    Lv 5
    4 weeks ago

get a flannel and some soap and rub under your arms. get some baby powder and throw over your body, or some spray deodorant

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

What do  you have that you can't take a shower.  Chicken Pox is about the only thing I can think of that gets worse if you get wet.  

I have always showered when I need to even when sick.

Avoid getting your hair wet.  Make sure the room is warm.  Use warm water.  Don't spend too long in the shower.  When you are done, dry off completely and put warm clothes on.

Getting wet or getting cold is not what causes sickness.  Germs, viruses, and bacteria causes sickness.  There is nothing about taking a shower that should make anything worse.

• ron h
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

Men (or anyone) with short hair can wash their hair.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.