Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 month ago

Can you tell 16 days after sex if you’re pregnant without a pregnancy test?

The last time I had intercourse was 16 days ago. And, we used the withdrawal method correctly, but I’m fretting that there still may be a possibility that I may be pregnant. I’m 6 days late on my period. Although, I got my period 6 days late last month as well. I do not have any increased vaginal discharge or anything, neither do my breasts feel sensitive. My smelling senses are quite normal. Although my appetite has been decreased for the past week-but I can eat whatever if I wanna. And I haven’t thrown up or anything either. Please clear my doubts. I live with my parents who are very conservative so I do not have access to pregnancy tests. 

You sound very young and uninformed.

The fact that your parents are conservative has nothing to do with you getting a pregnancy test without their knowledge.

There is something incredibly important that you need to understand and realized to be the facts. The male ejaculation has approximately 240 million oh, yes you heard me 240 million sperm in it. This fact is why the pull out method is really not a true form of birth control but only used by people who don't know any better, such as you and your boyfriend. The pull out method is High School mentality wishful thinking.

You need to understand that when a boy is having unprotected sex, there is no way on Earth that he knows or feels when the first couple million sperm are in his fluid. There is no fine line when he knows whether or not sperm is present when he pulls out. This is exactly why the pull out method fails 33.333 percent of the time. That means with every 10 girls using the pretend pull out method, three of them get pregnant. Those are terrible terrible odds. 

So would you please use real birth control like condoms or pills? Otherwise your conservative parents are going to be grandparents sooner than later. If you think worrying about obtaining a pregnancy test is giving you anxiety oh, how are you going to tell your parents that the silly pull out method failed and you're going to have a baby? I think you get my point.

If you cannot purchase or your boyfriend cannot purchase a pregnancy test, then you have no choice other than to wait for your period. It is not very common for a female to have pregnancy symptoms until herperiod does not arrive, as that is the first indication that you are pregnant.

Let's say that your period Does come and you are not pregnant. It is up to you to educate your boyfriend that the pull out method is not birth control. The pull out method is nothing more than penis roulette. The pull out method is like taking a loaded gun with one bullet in it, spinning the chamber, putting the gun to your head, and just hope you don't blow your head off. But the difference is that what you are doing with the silly pull out method doesn't end of life it starts one.

Discuss this with your husband.

• Edna

If you've got a couple of bucks, you've got access to a pregnancy test. All you have to do is walk in to the Dollar Store  or Wal-Mart or a pharmacy, and buy one. If your period is 6 days late, by that time a pregnancy test could probably determine if you're pregnant.

It would ordinarily be close to impossible to determine if you were pregnant, if you had sex only 16 days ago. The "last time" you had intercourse was 16 days ago?  How many times BEFORE the "last time" did you have sex?

Whatever gives you the idea that increased vaginal discharge; sensitive breasts, and a change in your smelling sensitivity are signs of early pregnancy?  They are not!!  The FIRST sign of a suspected pregnancy is ALWAYS going to be if your period is at least 1-1/2 weeks over due.

You know what they call a guy who uses withdrawal method of birth control perfectly well? Daddy!

Stop doing that and take your body into your control and keep it the hell away from idiots who do not use protection--which includes you. Protect yourself. USE birth control and learn about your body--try reading.

You are too dumb to be anyone's mother right now.

• sarah

Without a pregnancy test, it's impossible to tell for sure that you're pregnant at ANY point in time. There are women who go their entire pregnancies without any symptoms (other than not having a period) and very little weight gain.

No.  Even if you conceived the day of sex (which isn't common, it's normally 2-5 days later), the only symptom you'd have so far is a missed period.  There also is no way to use the withdrawal method correctly, because there's no such thing as the withdrawal method.  It's not birth control.  Guess you're going to have to get someone to buy you a test.  But seriously, you're trying to say you can find enough private time to have sex but not to run to the dollar store?  

• helene

No, you cannot tell without a test.

"I live with my parents who are very conservative so I do not have access to pregnancy tests."

Bullcrap. If they were that conservative, you wouldn't have access to penises.

Sex without birth control is the single most popular way to become parents.

Pulling out is not birth control.

Take a test.

Pulling out is NOT birth control and has the HIGHEST possible failure rate.

All possible early pregnancy symptoms CAN and DO happen for OTHER REASONS.  You can't determine if you are or are not pregnant just by some symptoms you may or may not be experiencing.

If your period was six days late last month and it is running late again - then you need to change how to expect your period.

How many days are usually between the first day of one period to the first day of the next period?  You need to FORGET the DATE on a calendar and COUNT the DAYS that happen between each period.  If a period happens and then 33 days later, another period happens and then 31 days later another period happens, then  you should expect the next period in ABOUT 31 to 33 DAYS.  Periods can change.  Your cycle timing can change.  Just because you may have had one consistent pattern in the past doesn't mean that the pattern can't change.  So - track your cycle for a few months and see if you have a new pattern.

You're having UNPROTECTED sex. Pulling out isn't birth control. Yes you could be pregnant from UNPROTECTED sex.

The only way to know if you're pregnant is to take a test or wait 9 months.