Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkVegetarian & Vegan · 1 month ago

Vegan meal ideas?

I’m trying to transition into a vegan diet, but I need some good/budget friendly recipes/meal ideas. Thanks:))

Other than meal ideas, if anyone has any tips on veganism let me know!!

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

You can find information all over the internet for recipes and advice about how to get all your fiber and nutrients, and healthy fats. This would be a stellar idea for you.

Not sure why some people don't recognize we are omnivores, not vegetarians.

• 1 month ago

beans and rice with peppers, onions, tomatoes, garlic and spices is a good all around meal. The vitamin C in the tomatoes assists in the absorption of the iron in the beans and its tasty.

ANY vegetable soup, with a tomato based broth is good too and not expensive.

Pasta with meat free sauce, salad on the side is good.

ANY decent chefs salad is a good meal too, just make sure to include either beans or nuts as your protein and extra calorie source.

PB&J sandwiches on whole wheat or great for a snack or a light lunch if paired with a salad.

Roasted veggie sandwiches are good too: use hummus as a bread spread for extra calories and protein.

Vegan chili is easy to make and terrific. Just skip the meat and add extra veg and beans.

• Jerry
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Cook up some dried garbanzo beans (chickpeas). You can cook them ahead of time if you want and store them in the fridge. For a quick easy meal, saute the cooked garbanzos in a little olive oil and garlic. When they are heated all through, add coarsely chopped raw spinach and stir in just until heated through. Enjoy!

Of course you can add other veggies, substitute other veggies. I like to add celery and eggplant. 

You can do the same with other whole grains and legumes. Prepare them ahead of time and store in fridge. It's easy to put together a stir fry or soup out of vegetables plus rice and/or beans. Or simmer barley until soft and then add veggies, mushrooms. 

• Louis
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Cuban black beans and rice. 

Lentil Mushroom Stew over mashed potatoes

Split pea soup. 

Pasta 

You should check out the YouTube channel CheapLazyVegan. I also like Sarah's Kitchen. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Janet
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Go buy a vegan cookbook.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.