Athena asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 month ago

Why can’t I lose weight?

People around me constantly eating thousands of calories and they are skinny! I eat only 1,000 calories a day and drink just water! I’m only 22 years old! It’s driving me crazy I’m sick of it! 

26 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

You are not losing weight, due to following reasons-

• May be you are eating fatty food, fast food and junk food.

• Not doing any exercise, workout and any physical activities.

• You are eating high quantity of sugar in your diet.

• You are having improper sleep

• You are not drinking sufficient quantity of water

• You are addicted to junk food or fast food

• You are having high carbs and salt in your regular diet

• You are not consuming food on time

• 4 weeks ago

I have some advice for you:

a.)    Stop comparing yourself to others: We’re different inside just as we are different in physical appearance.

b.)    1,000 calories from processed foods isn’t the same as getting 1,000 calories from healthy foods.

c.)    Stop counting calories. Concentrate on getting your calories from nutrient-dense foods. Getting your calories from quality foods will enable your body to control its appetite and weight naturally and you will never worry about weight.

You might read in-depth article below on how common foods accelerate fat gain

https://rebrand.ly/3-health-foods-to-avoid

• 1 month ago

It could be multiple things, in general, a slow metabolism. Also, how long have you been eating that many calories? To lose weight in a healthy way should be around 2 pounds a week. Plus, what's your weight and height. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Because your parents don't love you enough

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

THATS NOT GOOD GO TO YOUR DOCTOR IMMEDIATELY. 

• 1 month ago

Do you eat four times a day and space it out or are you going hours in between without eating? because the less often you eat the slower your metabolism will be. It only burns as often as it receives food. Also if you don't work out that doesn't help because that can help speed up your metabolism. Also everyone's body is totally different it's not realistic at all to compare yourself to others and maybe they're eating a lot because they work out a lot. At 22 you're two years away from that age where your metabolism starts to slow down. It's nothing drastic but it slowly decreases as you get older. That's why it becomes harder to stay in shape as you get older especially if you don't watch what you eat and workout enough. Also eat small portions of healthy food throughout the day make your dinner a slightly bigger portion to prevent eating late at night they also recommend 30 to 45 minutes of moderate cardio everyday. Good luck on your fitness journey.

• 1 month ago

Try to diet with a friend or friends. that can keep you going, when you are weak, like we all are at times. But as for you losing weight eating only 1000 calories, is not good. Part of dieting, is eating enough for your body to work at its best. There is a minimum, and if you are over weight, 20,30,50 lbs, you need more. Most people don't know your body tries to keep you at the average weight you are. You can gain 5 lbs, or lose 5 lbs, and your body will adjust.  And the average calories a person needs, is I believe is 2000-2300 a day.  if you cut your food calories down too much lets say more then 300 a day, your body will think it is not getting enough food, and will slow down the fat burning metabolic rate.  What that means is after, 300 calories, for every 3 calories you burn you will only lose 1. Because instead of your body burning 2000 calories a day or about 84 calories an hour, your body metabolic rate will drop to 75 calories a hour or about 1700 calories in a day.  Same goes for working out. you do not want to work out and lose more then 300 in a day. Or again your body will slow down. and you will be wasting you time. Working out for 60-90 mins is good, 2 hrs  or more not so good. Just think cutting calories and working out should not be more then 500-600 at most in a day, unless you are a super athlete.  Now  even athletes will work out and build muscle and lose 1000 calories in one day, and run, for 500 calories every other days, but they will actually add calories, but not a 250 calorie candy bar, but a 300 calorie protein shake. With zero fat, 30% carbs, and 70% protein.  So in general, cut out donuts to only  once or twice a week.  Workout like yoga, or some other exercise routine, 30-45 minutes, or walk for 1 hour a day. Lift weights, 5-10 lbs, tone up your upper arms, but exercise all the muscles in your arms. every other day.  Once or twice a week, use your office building or go to a hotel, that has at least 5 floors, and walk up and down the stairs for 30 mins.  This is to give some variety in your work out. Walk for 1 hr a day, except when you climb the stairs for 30, then walk for 30. Or do yoga for 30, and walk for 30. As for eating, Eggs, oatmeal, toast, some fruit, other cereals with low sugars.  Atkins bar, in the mid morning.  Lunch, half sandwich, and soup, and a salad.  organic popcorn.  with little butter, and salt.  Or baked chips. as a snack in the afternoon.  And of course anytime you want, eat some veggies. Carrots, celery, or green peppers.  And if you decide to workout hard one or two days a week,  then add a protein shake. But make sure you take in at least 1500-1700 calories a day.  And at least walk 1 hours a day.  You can also once in a while have a double protein shake which would be about 500 calories instead of a meal.  add a half cup of oatmeal, and you will add 50 calories and needed fiber to make you feel full.  Each meal should be at least 350-500 calories. snacks 100-150. veggies do not count. fruit count as a desert add it to cottage cheese, or yogurt, for some protein.  good luck. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

it can be to do with your metabolism and how where your body stores excess fat. skinny people aren’t actually always healthy, it’s just their fat is being stored inside their body.

• 1 month ago

If what you're doing isn't working, you need to try something else. You're obviously not helping by starving yourself. You're probably lowering your metabolic rate, and that makes it easier to gain weight.

I recommend the book "Forever Fat Loss" by Ari Whitten.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

That is a little odd to me. You could try eating more protein and working out, but a 1,000 calorie a day diet should cause you to lose weight.

• sachin1 month agoReport

<<<WARNING>>>
      "2020" The Fastest way to Loss Weight, make a slim body, Get Nutrition and so many things only one thing. Weste your money to get a Slim and Attractive Body.  
        3. " Get More Information Click Here:- https://bit.ly/2TMSDiS 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.