Motivation to clean?

I've been stressed out lately so I decided I should clean my TWO STORY house so I can be in a clean envirement, but I have ZERO motivation

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Red Bull.  Two cans

• 1 month ago

Thats too big a project.

I tackle small spaces today 5 drawers where you actually trash several items.

Tomorrow a closet and 3 drawers.

High dust

Vacuum yes one day vacuum the whole house

You will make more progress completing several small jobs daily.

You got this

I always feel better with less clutter

Keep what you use and what fits

If i havent used it in a year i donate it.

My cleaning has a trash bin for garbage

A box for donations

And a box of free stuff i pull to curb

I never save junk for yard sales

Lots of people suffer from depression because they are bodged down with too much stuff and clutter...so once you clean up you'll feel better.

Once i sold everything i owned and loaded my car with just what i needed and clothes. Wow really refreshing to know i didnt need 2/3 of what i had.

• Edwena
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You will need money if you have no motivation.

• 1 month ago

I wish I could tell you but I've been wanting to clean my kitchen and bathroom for a week and all I do is watch TV and sleep. When I do end up with the energy to clean I take one room, one corner at a time and go around the room.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • C
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Get thyself over to unf*ckyourhabitat.  The 20/10 session method (20 minutes cleaning ten minute break) and the advice to start with a large surface carry over the "blurgh" feeling.  There's a tumlr too where people post their progress.  It's good to take pictures, you don't have to share, to give yourself evidence that yes, you really have shifted some mess.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

You just start somewhere and do something.  Slowly that goes on and on and on.  You may end up doing 3 chores at the same time.  I never put a time limit on it.  As I am doing 3 things I am seeing task 4 & 5 with my eyes and am thinking about how to do them too.  Just shut off the computer and cell phone for a couple of hours.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Do it or don’t . No need to make it complicated

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

maybe you can hire someone to do it then

• 1 month ago

Drink/smoke a little and play loud music

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.