Car engine was on fire. What to do to clean up the mess and smell?

Car going straight to the junkyard but it left a mess and that's my concern.

• zipper

Soap water and lots of elbow grease and a lot of air freshener. that is about all you can do short of moving!

Auto recyclers don't care about a mess. They pay you for your vehicle based on if the motor and transmission is still good. They need a title for the vehicle. Call your local auto recycler and get a price they will pay you.

Source(s): Mitsubishi Master Tech

Sweep up and clean with a power washer.

If the car goes to the junkyard, then you should be able to just sweep up the left overs.......unless it caught fire inside the living room, then you and your insurance company have a problem

What kind of mess and where? A car fire rarely leaves a mess anywhere it doesn't IGNITE, in which case it isn't a car fire anymore.

Update to comment: You DON'T clean up the car. Junk yards EXPECT a mess.

• Raul1 month agoReport

I'm guessing my dad started the car but was unaware gas was leaking. Next thing I see the car is on fire. Left side of the car was left like melted cheese