what exactly is gluten and why can't white people eat it?

Ins't gluten a chemical found in grains? Why is it mostly white people who have an intolerance to it when grain has been Europeans' primary diet for like the last 2000 years?

• Um not all white people cant have gluten. I can have it but I have to be careful or else it will trigger my IBS.

Source(s): Myself
  • k w

but grain has changed over the years and is no longer the same, maybe you are but the grain changed, rather the scientists changed it....

Gluten is a protein found in some grains, like wheat. The increased intolerance is due to the way wheat has been engineered in modern times. It's harder to digest than wheat used to be. The fact that wheat is now sprayed with glyphosate is also a reason why many people have a hard time with wheat nowadays. And then there's also the fact that people are having more digestive problems than people used to, for various reasons. A compromised digestive system is more likely to have trouble with gluten.

Gluten is a chain of proteins found in wheat and some other grains. Most people can eat it without incident, but there are people who suffer from celiac disease who are made ill from eating gluten.

Eating gluten-free has been a dietary fad, one of those things that doesn't actually improve your health but people believe it does, for five years or so. Many of the people who hop on the dietary fad train are white and reasonably well to do. But that doesn't mean the people whose bodies can't tolerate gluten are all white.

• Rick

something in wheat I think ......................