Annie asked in Society & CultureRoyalty · 1 month ago

Reports say Ex Royals Meghan & Harry have been "stripped" of titles, wont be called "your highness" and wont get tax money. Isn't this great?

I feel that this is a good thing because Meghan did something unpresedented. 

She chose to be a real person like you and me instead of some uppity princess, she may never have to take a crowded bus to work but she saw through a queen not uncomfortable with racism in Britain and other inequalities. As a real Woman Meghan took control of her own life, her own destiny and kept her values by leaving the royal family behind. Her loving husband came with her and shared her uncertainty and honor. What do you think. 

23 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

She should have chosen to be a "real person" before she married royalty. Although I do think Harry picked her precisely to give himself an "out" from the life he clearly hated.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

"a queen not uncomfortable with racism in Britain" - what the actual f u c k are you on about? Do you have some evidence that the Queen is racist, or on board with racism? Despite what your Antifa pals tell you, not everything in this world revolves around race and gender.

Meghan having "honour"? Give me a break. She shows no loyalty to Britain or the Commonwealth, when those are the countries she represents as a member of the British Royal Family. She's a narcissist more at home in Hollywood where vacuous celebrities preen themselves through PR companies and only promote causes to help their own public image. She's an American who doesn't understand the British concept of humility, restraint and duty. She wants all the glitz and glamour that comes with being a Princess, but she couldn't cope not being in the limelight all the time, she couldn't cope with the fact that being a member of the Royal Family comes with a lot of duty and self-sacrifice.

It's all about Meghan. No loyalty to the Queen, no loyalty or affection towards Britain or the Commonwealth that she's supposed to represent, no loyalty to the people of the UK and Commonwealth who accepted her with open arms. Meghan only cares about #1. She really should have stayed in Hollywood, the capital city of narcissism where everyone is just as self-obsessed. That obviously makes her much happier than a life of duty.

• Zheia
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

A similar thing happened in 1936 when King Edward VIII abdicated when he married American citizen Mrs Wallis Simpson. It caused problems, but eventually things carried on, and George became the new king, King George VI. He was the third king in the space of 1 year: George V (1910 to 1936), Edward VIII (1936), George VI (1936 to 1952). At least in the case of Harry and Meghan, Harry is giving up his role of prince, not as a King.

And, William IV (1830 to 1837) lived with an actress and had 10 children before being crowned king and marrying Charlotte, who later died.

• Clo
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Poor reporting from certain media types... Nowhere in the statements released from the palace says that the Sussexes have been stripped of their titles. The statement reads:

https://www.royal.uk/statement-her-majesty-queen-0

"The Sussexes will not use their HRH titles as they are no longer working members of the Royal Family." They are still royal but they can not use the title for private enrichment schemes.

I think it is sad that the vitriolic, racist attacks on Meghan and Harry's wish not to be a face of public royalty have caused this to happen. It would have been better for them to remain working royals, but Harry has a history of just wanting to be a regular person, not really being happy as a working royal; then, the unhappiness of his wife, because of media treatment and public comments has caused this breaking point.

I don't know what the results will be.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

A real person spending 10 million on her wedding and flying private jets with Hollywood celebs. Yep, I do that every day... I do feel bad for some of what she endured from the British press (at first anyway, the people of the UK LIKED her--she was popular!) Very little of any dislike came from racism, if anything it was her being perceived as a 'pushy American' which began to annoy people. Many people didn't even know she was mixed race (no one calls her 'blackl' because she's not--that awful one drop rule thing in the US is the most racist idea out there.) 

• Alan H
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Those ‘reports’ are imaginary 

• Rico
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

They haven’t been stripped of titles, they just agreed that they wouldn’t use the HRH.  It would be an unfair thing to do (revoke their right to the HRH), since Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie are 'non working' (as in neither carry out official duties), members of the family and still have the HRH

The Duchess didn’t do anything that was unprecedented, Harry did though. 

• troy
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Good riddance to the pair of them.

• Actually Princess Meghan did not choose to behave like a real person like me and you. She treated her staff with such arrogance that she was summoned to explain herself to the Queen, and told in no uncertain terms that her conduct was not acceptable. My reading of the latest situation is that they want the wealth, privilege and titles but none of the responsibility. They are going to keep the titles except the HRH bit, which is only meaningful in the UK where they do not expect to live (despite what they say now about splitting their time).

• 1 month ago

Fake news....they have NOT been stripped of titles.  LOL

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.