How isn’t hypothermia a sickness?

Dictionary.com defines sickness as the state or an instance of being sick so if you look up the word sick on dictionary.com it defines sick as afflicted with ill health or disease, so hypothermia isn’t a disease but someone with hypothermia is still afflicted with ill health since the keyword here is afflicted with ill health.

• ron h
    Favorite Answer

Hypothermia is not "illness."  It's a consequence of specific external event (exposure to cold temperature). A bloody nose is not a disease.  Shaving cuts are not diseases. A knife would to the throat is not a disease.  

• ron h

I cant edit my answer:  I should have typed "a knife WOUND to the throat is not a sickness or disease and bleeding from a knife wound would not be a sickness or disease.  (But knife wounds and hypothermia can kill us or do lasting damage.)

cause its a symptom and not a disease

• FartboyMD4 weeks agoReport

But an illness according to my dictionary  is the condition of being in poor health it doesn’t say it has to be a disease.