Why are most girls today not affectionate?

• zipper

Excuse me NOT AFFECTIONATE!  Where are you meeting girls in the city more-age?

Guy are more affectionate then girls, we give stuff to them, take them out but girls also be affectionate but  they hide it and be cold to you to test you if you're worthy because most girls get heart broken just like some guys

Because males aren't affectionate enough. You usually get what you give.

They're probably afraid of getting hurt because there's lots of bad boys these days. We're in the age of instant gratification and lots of people get spoiled off of that. If they don't get what they want when they want they're gone. No girl wants to stay with someone who would sleep around on them for any reason. Most of them are clearly afraid of getting hurt because it's common knowledge that guys don't care as much as girls do. It's rare to find guys like that.

• Trish

Maybe they're afraid of getting hurt.

I disagree with your Question. Not all girls are like that. You also probably are meeting the wrong kind that didn't show affectionate.

• Alan H

It could be the response to non-affectionate guys

Since I'm way too old (and married) to date the girls of today, I can only offer up a few guesses based on what I've observed.  But I'm pretty smart, so here goes...

It's the same reason why the guys of today (millennials and younger) aren't as affectionate or as passionate as the guys of previous generations.  And there are many factors to blame (or credit, depending on your views) for why things are the way they are.

In previous generations, everyone was told that life isn't fair.  Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, and sometimes there's nothing you can do about it.  Getting hurt, rejection, heartbreak and that sinking feeling of failure were just the risks people took, because some things (anything worth having, really) are worth taking risks for.  And everyone expected to get hurt a few times, because that was part of growing up and getting old.  

The current generation doesn't accept that.  They're taught that nothing is more important than their sense of well being and self worth, and anything that hurts their egos is exactly the same as physical assault with a weapon.  That mentality might provide short-term benefits, but it comes at a price.

Then there's sex, and then there's the internet.  There was never any doubt that those two things would find each other quickly once the net became a thing, but nobody was prepared for what actually happened.  As soon as the internet became a reality (I'm old enough to remember it), sex changed in a big way forever.  The internet brought sex to levels of cheapness the same way oxycodone brought heroin down in value.  Heroin used to be the most expensive drug on the market, now it's cheaper than weed.

And I won't even get started on all the zero-tolerance no-means-no laws, and I don't even know where to begin on this "gender fluid" crap, but I'm sure they had a whole lot to do with it.

It depends on what they like,what they dont like,their upbringing,etc.Some girls arent affectionate.Its your job to look for girls who are affectionate as well as eliminate the ones who arent affectionate.Compatibility is about getting it right.You will be happier in the long run.

As a girl myself I definitely haven’t been through anything that bad but I usually hold back to stop myself from being hurt. Especially my emotions until I can figure the guy out. Too many fboys out there, it’s hard to tell if a guys genuine these days or not. I know a lot of girls who do it. Not even on purpose. People just been hurt or played too many times so keep their guard up. They don’t wanna be vulnerable. It’s a way of protecting themselves.