Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingNewborn & Baby · 8 months ago

What is a nice gift to buy for a baby shower gift?

My sister in law is having a baby girl. She invited my husband(her brother) and I to her baby shower.

What would be a nice gift to buy? She does have a registry but I wanted to find out whats a useful gift? 

I work part time in retail (Marshalls) so maybe I could find something there? I do have Target close by to my job I can easily get to Target. I dont have a child yet either so I am not sure whats a good gift or not. This baby is my niece by marriage. 

• Faith

Use the registry as a way to get ideas. One of the best baby gifts I got was a diaper bag that inside had diapers, cute little outfits, diaper cream, socks & other things you may need in a diaper bag when away from home. I thought it was pretty creative. I've given this as a gift over the years and everyone always comments how thoughtful it is. It's just something different.

Buy something from the registry.. it's something they need!

• sarah

Honestly, you can never go wrong with diapers (get either newborn or size 1) and wipes. I have an eight-month-old and didn't have to buy diapers or wipes for the first two and a half months of her life because we got so many as gifts, and it was freaking AWESOME!! :) I'd say that's definitely the way to go if you're wanting something useful.

< She does have a registry >

Sounds like a good place to start.  Have you even looked at it?