Mario
Lv 4
Mario asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 1 month ago

An answer to one of my questions. Do you agree?

'Women are typically better looking than men. It is much easier to find a gorgeous woman than a gorgeous man. '

I find this laughable tbh. Most women are ugly until you cover their faces in makeup.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

It's laughable because it assumes everybody has similar tastes in physical beauty and prioritizes physical beauty in the same way.

Also, if you think most women are ugly without makeup you have very unrealistic expectations. It's not surprising what with all of the photoshop and facetune fakery that goes on. It's easy for people who grossly overconsume social media to be misled into thinking real people actually look like they do on Instagram. Maybe cut down on your internet use and spend more time out with real people.

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

This probably comes down to the fact that around 90% of humanity is heterosexual and about 51% of that is female. Straight women, for the most part, are more realistic about what they can and can't get than are guys. An average woman might like pix of hot guys but don't generally pursue them or think they have any chance in hell of getting them. Men on the other hand not only seem to believe they deserve to be with a "10/10", some of them become violent when they're told that's not possible. So I guess the point is that women get tagged with things like "gorgeous" and "beautiful" just because men call them that. What the typical straight woman finds attractive in another woman usually isn't what a male would think. Experts on mathematical ratios have deemed Bella Hadid the most "beautiful" woman for her facial symmetry. Meanwhile a huge percentage of guys prefer someone with a huge backside and not much else to offer. So it's not all about makeup... It's about the disconnect between the genders on matters of aesthetics.

• 1 month ago

It is sad, not laughable.

Many women believe that makeup is necessary to fit into the society and culture they were born into. Cleo and her famous asp was known to wear some form of lipstick for example. So makeup with women has been in vogue literally for millennia in some cultures.

Even today we see the pressures for makeup result in some obvious inconsistencies. Take the Muslim women with the Hijabs and Burkas to be "modest" according to Sharia Law. Some if not many of them wear lipstick...how is that modest? [Interview of an Iranian woman with Hijab on BBC.]

Here's why this is sad. First it stresses the looks of the female as being of primary importance rather than the character of the female. Second, in my opinion, women generally look better with the scrubbed face look than with any sort of makeup on their faces. Third, women, even impoverished ones, will spend big bucks each year on makeup that is over priced when the money could be better spent on essentials like food, clothing, and shelter.

So the answer to your question is...maybe. They could be better looking if they would only rely on their natural looks and not on makeup.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I don't think "most women are ugly" but I don't think they're any more attractive than the average man. It's just grooming standards, hygiene and dress sense. Men can walk around in public doing zero grooming and no one shrieks in horror like they do at a bare-faced ungroomed woman.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

True..good looking women are very rare. But it's easier for them to find a partner though due to the fact that men are very generous and kind. If men were as judgmental as women no make up can save them.

• 1 month ago

So what other kind, nice thoughts have you had today.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.