Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 1 month ago

Should global population be reduced and how could it be done?

In a high profile BBC documentary to be broadcast on Tuesday, Population Matters patron Chris Packham examines the challenges of population growth, and makes an impassioned plea for it to become a core part of environmental debate.

https://populationmatters.org/news/2020/01/17/chri...

33 Answers

Relevance
  • Try Coronavirus?

• Zhu
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Super sex robots are already reducing Japan's populationm

• 1 month ago

We don't need far-out theories, we have evidence already. Education (especially of women) and an increase in prosperity.

This has been observed in a multitude of third-world countries where an increase in education brings about an increase in business, and greater income. Education for women often results in women knowing that they can control family size, and they also have more knowledge of health so they can care for children better and reduce infant mortality. (Part of the reason many people in poor countries had a lot of children was that they didn't know how many would live...)

A simple increase in income levels for the poorest level of society has similar results; families don't need to have more hands to work so they cut down on the number of kids they have. Also, they can afford birth control measures, and afford to educate their children better.

I've seen this happen in my own lifetime. I used to teach English in Colombia, at a time when children as young as 7 or 8 were sent out to work, and families often had 20 (yes, twenty!) children. When I went back to visit a few years ago I was astounded at the change: Schools were made free and all children had to attend. The economy had changed drastically, there was more overall prosperity, and the birth rate had plummeted.  Picture: child laborer in Colombia circa 1970.

Attachment image
  • 1 month ago

This is the reality whether we like or not, and so many people are doing this to reduce their own population. Think about the Chines government concentration camps in Xinjian province, the open book ethnic cleansing in Myanmar, the endless wars in Africa. All these things are not happening without a reason. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Yes, via natural selection, i.e. the nature will choose.

• 1 month ago

The only people that would adhere to something like that are the 1st world nations. There would be no way to force everyone in the poor countries to do this. So the savages would outnumber the smart people in no time.

• ...Show all comments
    • John1 month agoReport

It's true. You just live in a fantasy world where everything is rainbows and unicorns.

• Al
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

its already being done, its called politics, war, food chains, medical industry...its all collectively population control.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

When these people talk about population control what they mean is reducing the white population even further while ignoring the massive population increases in places like Africa.

• 1 month ago

you may be aware china had a one child policy for several years by legislation and it's possible as more and more of their younger folk particularly study abroad and travel, they don't hold truck with supporting old members of the family or don't earn enough wherever they are anyway. ergo the gov't are having as bad, if not worse time than the rest of the world in that there aren't enough people paying taxes to give the gov't enough for social security needs etc.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Raise marriage age to 25 around the world and then implement a 3 child policy. 

Pollution and global warming is caused by China, India, America and all Western nations. 

• David1 month agoReport

why not implement the child policy of you are only allowed to have the number of children you can really afford to  raise with just your own  MONEY.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.