What age do gay guys usually realize that they're gay?

I realized that I was gay when I was 15. I’d have realized it earlier, about 13, if I’d been better informed about these things.

• reme_1

Some of us realize it at a really young age altho we do not have a "name for it".

Some of us don't get the message till later- we are "later bloomers".

If you are having an issue with being gay, call the gay center and talk to the counselor asap.

Most guys seem to become aware at puberty, but interestingly there are a significant number who will tell you that they recall an attraction to male-ness at a much younger age...an attraction that seems to have a sexual or proto-sexual component to it, when it's described by a much older version of the kid that experienced it.

So maybe for some, there's some expression or acknowledgement of homosexuality very early on, even before the child is actually a sexual individual.  Certainly, that's the way some men remember it, but recall of such early impressions aren't common among gay men.  Hard to say whether they didn't exist for most, or they just aren't recall-able, like most early childhood memories.

But "what was your earliest hint of inclination" is a different question from "when did you realize".  You can't realize you are something unless you have the definition of that something in your head - which toddlers don't.  So I would have to agree that most realize after they've hit puberty, and once they've learned enough about sexual behaviour and labels to be able to say "Yeah, that must be what I am."  Early teens, I'd say.

16-18. Some people are later, some people are earlier but that's when I'd say most "know" for sure. It's often later for women.

Acknowledging that you're gay may happen at any age, from 10 or 11 fo 50 or 60. Most usually are aware by their early teens, when their friends start obsessing over the opposite dex.

It varies by person. Some just know right at the beginning as kids. For many it is puberty. Others will try to deny it and will attempt to will them self straight often even entering into heterosexual marriages. So some people don’t come to terms with it till their 20’s, 30’s, 40’s and even into their old age.

11-14

....................

i think once they start puberty

The age that time forgets

How much are you willing to pay?

Source(s): We can come to an agreement