Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMen's Health · 1 month ago

Is masturbating healthy and how often?

• Nunya

No real health benefits. People often talk about reducing the chances of getting prostate cancer, but prostate cancer isn't that common. Also, people who have the highest risk of getting prostate cancer are men over the age of 50. It does help reduce the chances but the chances are low, to begin with. 

Too much masturbating reduces your body's zinc levels. Zinc helps men maintain testosterone, keep a healthy immune system, reduce acne, and helps reduce internal and social anxiety. 

Masturbating just gives you release and makes you feel good for a while. No one can really name any good benefits to masturbating other than it feels good. Which begs the question if they can't function in life without it. 

• Richard

oh yes it is. I am a geriatric nurse, and see it all the time in the elderly

Yes.

As often as you like - unless it is causing issues with maintaining employment, healthy relationships, etc.

Yes, Masturbating is healthy.

yes it is, and as much as you want

Yes, masturbating is healthy from a medical perspective. The benefits included are:-

- it's THE safest sex possible, because you cannot give yourself STDs (although there's a slight risk with mutual masturbation if you touch someone else's genitals and then your own), and there's no risk of unwanted pregnancy.

- it's good at relieving anxiety, stress and tension.

- it boosts your immunity. People who masturbate regularly have fewer colds for instance.

- you're familiarizing yourself with your body, so you can pick up on changes which could indicate a problem sooner.

- it boosts your mood.

- it can be good at helping you get to sleep at night.

- it can help with someone having a relationship, because it helps you to figure out what you like and what you don't.

There's no 'normal' amount of masturbation. As a rule of thumb, if you're still able to do your daily activities, then it's fine. If you're masturbating to the point when you're hurting yourself, you cannot engage in your daily activities, or you're unable to perform with a partner, then you may need help. If that's the case, you should see a doctor.

Hope this helps.

• 1 month agoReport

I **** off all the time and I’m only 13 and I’ve had sex I’m livin life the best way possible 

• Nagato

Masturbation is a waste of time and makes me instantly sleepy or lazy when I should be doing a exercise

• patty

men seem to think it is a necessity. I don't do it much for some reason.

I've read it is but don't know how often you should. 

It's normal and an orgasm forces our brains to release beneficial hormones. So yes, it's healthy

in moderation.........every 2-3 days as needed