- NunyaLv 58 months ago
No real health benefits. People often talk about reducing the chances of getting prostate cancer, but prostate cancer isn't that common. Also, people who have the highest risk of getting prostate cancer are men over the age of 50. It does help reduce the chances but the chances are low, to begin with.
Too much masturbating reduces your body's zinc levels. Zinc helps men maintain testosterone, keep a healthy immune system, reduce acne, and helps reduce internal and social anxiety.
Masturbating just gives you release and makes you feel good for a while. No one can really name any good benefits to masturbating other than it feels good. Which begs the question if they can't function in life without it.
- River EuphratesLv 78 months ago
As often as you like - unless it is causing issues with maintaining employment, healthy relationships, etc.
- 8 months ago
Yes, Masturbating is healthy.
- RichardLv 69 months ago
yes it is, and as much as you want
- What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
- NatashaLv 79 months ago
Yes, masturbating is healthy from a medical perspective. The benefits included are:-
- it's THE safest sex possible, because you cannot give yourself STDs (although there's a slight risk with mutual masturbation if you touch someone else's genitals and then your own), and there's no risk of unwanted pregnancy.
- it's good at relieving anxiety, stress and tension.
- it boosts your immunity. People who masturbate regularly have fewer colds for instance.
- you're familiarizing yourself with your body, so you can pick up on changes which could indicate a problem sooner.
- it boosts your mood.
- it can be good at helping you get to sleep at night.
- it can help with someone having a relationship, because it helps you to figure out what you like and what you don't.
There's no 'normal' amount of masturbation. As a rule of thumb, if you're still able to do your daily activities, then it's fine. If you're masturbating to the point when you're hurting yourself, you cannot engage in your daily activities, or you're unable to perform with a partner, then you may need help. If that's the case, you should see a doctor.
Hope this helps.
- NagatoLv 59 months ago
Masturbation is a waste of time and makes me instantly sleepy or lazy when I should be doing a exercise
- Anonymous9 months ago
men seem to think it is a necessity. I don't do it much for some reason.
- Anonymous9 months ago
I've read it is but don't know how often you should.
- PatriciaLv 79 months ago
It's normal and an orgasm forces our brains to release beneficial hormones. So yes, it's healthy
- pit bulls biteLv 79 months ago
in moderation.........every 2-3 days as needed