Do you get a W-2 form if you only work 3 weeks?
Also how many days do you have to work NOT to get a W-2 form?
- Anonymous9 months agoFavourite answer
I have received a W-2 for $17.
An employer may issue a W-2 regardless, but must if any of the following applies (from the instructions):
• You withheld any income, social security, or Medicare
tax from wages regardless of the amount of wages; or
• You would have had to withhold income tax if the
employee had claimed no more than one withholding
allowance or had not claimed exemption from withholding
on Form W-4; or
• You paid $600 or more in wages even if you did not
withhold any income, social security, or Medicare tax.
- Beverly SLv 78 months ago
If you earn income- even one hour, they have to send you a W-2 form.
- EvaLv 78 months ago
You get a W2 if you worked and got paid for even 1 hour.
- Max HooplaLv 79 months ago
If you earn any wages you should get a W-2
- What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
- Wayne ZLv 79 months ago
If you receive a paycheck in 2019, you will get a 2019 W2 from that company.
- Jackie DLv 59 months ago
A company is not required to give you a W-2 unless you have made over $600.00. If you made more than that, then they are supposed to send one to you. If you did not make that amount, they are not required to send you a W2, but you should report that income anyway
- StephenWeinsteinLv 79 months ago
The number of days has nothing to do with it. If you work enough that you get paid, then you also get a W-2. It could be just one day.
- Uncle PennybagsLv 79 months ago
If you were an employee and earned money, you should receive a W-2.