Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsOther - Science · 1 month ago

How would you react if told that you and your children have been lied to in science lessons at school and university?

Favorite Answer

Why not? They will get lied to every day by politicians, their boss, their religious leaders, and the commercials. They might as well get used to it while they are young.

Well, given that (A) I have taught science at the university level, and (B) as a scientist, I have been exposed to countless ignorant morons who think they know more than me based on little more than wishful thinking, I would immediately assume that you fall into the latter category. I would ask for - without hope - some evidence and examples of the supposed "lies" you are referring to, and if I had literally nothing better to do, I might go so far as to explain exactly why your arguments are complete garbage.

If you are questioning the propriety of a reaction to

Public Education syllabus, perspective is available 

by reviewing the Scopes Trial.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scopes_Trial  )

You haven't specified the "lies" you were exposed to.

History (for example ) is written by Victors of conflicts

while sociology is subject to direction of Courts, and

Science could come from the best expert witnesses

money can buy.

In short, this is why religion and politics is frowned on

in schools.

If you suspect misconduct, report that to appropriate 

Authority, or detail it here.

• D g

ignorance is bliss.. most people couldnt tell the truth if it bit them in the ***..

My question would be how would YOU  react if i told you  you were  an idiot for  belieiving what you beleive .. just because someone told you 

unlike you the people that go to university do not just accept what is told them as true  they need it backed up with facts ...

even in math there is a proof about 1+1 = 2

• oikoσ

Yawn. Firstly, a lot of science teaching is simplified and generalized so that the students can pick up the general principles more easily. Secondly, some fields of science advance so rapidly that what you learn one year is outdated the next. Live with it.