Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 month ago

Would this be a red flag? ?

I met this guy who’s divorced. He’s 32 with 4 kids. 2 of his kids live in Texas and the other 2 kids live with his parents where he lives in North Carolina. He said the kids loved his parents and wanted to stay with them. He seems to have a lot of free time for someone with a few kids. He sees the other 2 kids in December and all summer. To me, something isn’t exactly adding up. I can’t see a court splitting up a family like this. I’m also curious as to why he’s not raising any of his kids. Thoughts?

• G R
    Favorite Answer

Yes i would say that is a huge red flag. Kids don't just live with their grandparents because "they like to" when they have supposedly two able bodied parents. Either this guy can't have custody or doesn't want them.

don't date him.

Thoughts? Maybe he doesn't want to be a hands on dad. Seems he's willing to abdicate responsibility for all of them. Personally if you want kids somewhere in your life, I wouldn't count on him being there for them - or you when/if that happens.

Courts don’t decide where kids go, unless the parents can’t agree where they go. If both parents are okay with the arrangement, the judge is not going to disagree unless their safety is in question. The other part is, after the ruling sometimes parents, not the smartest decision, change the custody unofficially. I have seen some  single mothers who get a great job and husband and ditch her kids. 

Source(s): MGTOW

You should trust your gut and feelings. "he said the kids loved his parents and wanted to stay w them" please. Is he a bad father? I can only imagine that's why his kids would prefer to stay w his grandparents over their own dad. Also, any adult would refuse to let his parents to raise their kids when he's capable of doing so.

Meet other men.