K asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 8 months ago

Why do people lump all carbohydrates together?

Obviously there's a difference between things like pasta and quinoa. One is full of empty calories and one is full of nutrients. Also, a lot of things that are labeled as "carbs" is actually high in fat such as donuts.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago

The carbs in pasta and quinoa both raise blood glucose levels, so it's not recommended for the Keto diet when a person is trying to lose weight.

And donuts are never recommended, but this is just common sense. The fat they use in donuts is usually refined fat, so it's unhealthy fat. Plus donuts are loaded with sugar and flour.

There's not one thing wrong with consuming healthy fats on a low carb diet. Some healthy fats are butter, avocado oil, olive oil, lard, bacon fat.

• Joe
    Lv 4
    8 months ago

Because carbs are carbs, plain and simple!  The problem is that too many people are under the false conception that carbs are bad for you.  Donuts actually have carbs in them.... sugar and flour are 2 of the major ingredients in donuts and both are carbs.  It is true that most are high in fat, but that is a different story.

The body needs carbs, but most misinformed people promote keto diets and other stupid diets because they heard that they work very well for losing weight.  Some of these fad diets can cause severe health problems in the long run and many cannot be maintained very long.

Your best bet is not to worry about other people, but to live a good & healthy life.  If you choose to inform others, then research the different between bad & good carbs and let others know the difference.

Best wishes

• 8 months ago

Some people will use any excuse to eat like sh*t. Cheating on your diet is okay once or twice a week. But with a cheat meal. A cheat day can undo all your hard work. But at the end of day you're right. Bananas and apples have carbs but if you chose one of those that's better than choosing a cookie or a pack of ramen noodles so at the end of the day you're making better food choices that pushes you closer to reaching your fitness goals. People don't realize that their bad choices will eventually start showing up on their body it's like they don't understand that you only get out what you put in.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

To a certain extent, all carbs matter. Take some with diabetes for example. It doesn't matter if carbs come from a banana or a donut they still matter. 

From a health standpoint though I agree. Things like fruit should not be lumped in with things like cake and ice cream. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 8 months ago

Simplicity. O take care of my mother in law and trust me, a simple count is even difficult for her to understand.

• 8 months ago

I don't know.................

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.