Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinancePersonal Finance · 8 months ago

Is it right that an instructor decided to take of 15% off of everyone’s grade because one person did not confess to their wrongdoing? ?

I’ve been conflicted, stressed, upset, overwhelmed, and disappointed that this actually had happened. A student from class stole another student s phone. That same day the instructor emailed all the students that whoever stole or accidentally took the phone that they need to bring it back and drop it off. If the phone does not turn up, everyone will get 15% of their grade deducted. I know a group of people in that class did not do it, but there are some that are suspicious. Whoever stole it did not return it and my grade went from an 82.4% to a 67%. I know I don t deserve this, but I don’t know what to do.

The instructors actions are not only wrong they are both illegal and immoral. All students should complain to the school authorities and, if that doesn't work, bring it to the attention of the media. You can't punish all for the actions of one individual.

• Judy

doesn't seem very fair

File a complaint with the administration.

• mokrie

Hey, that's socialism. Isn't it GREAT???

There is nothing you can do about it. Maybe complain to someone above but its unlikely to change. No reason to be conflicted, stressed, upset, overwhelmed, and disappointed over something you have no control over.

And I suspect you may even be fabricating the entire thing in order to show you can use a thesaurus.