YAH IS GOD asked in PetsCats · 1 month ago

I have to travel for 2 weeks but need a cat sitter for my 15 y.o. cat. I can't keep asking friends to do it. Any suggestions?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Ocimom
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

If you are not paying your friends to babysit the cat when you travel, I can understand why they may not want to do it.  Check with your vet or other vets in the area and find one that will board your cat for when you are gone.  We will be boarding our dog for a few days at our vets.  The cats are taken care of by good friends at our house.

• 1 month ago

Then pay a pet sitter or pay your friends which you should have been doing in the first place. What a user you are.

• YAH IS GOD1 month agoReport

No need for abusivenes. What a loser you are 

• PAMELA
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You may have to put the cat in a cattery while you are away.

• 1 month ago

do not travel then if u can not organize a sitter for your cat

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Bort
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Cats are survivors. If your cat doesn't have any special needs due to it's age like needing medication for something it has going on there are such things as gravity feeders that will feed him/her their food and water as they need and use it automatically while you're away. There are also self-cleaning litter boxes that automatically clear the clumps from their "office".

Those are things you can consider if you're unomfortable asking and think you're burdoning friends or family by asking them to do it.

• Bort
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

Comment reported for violating guidelines. There is nothing false about my answer. It is all true and not at all idiotic. I have cats and travel often. It's how I do it without having to ask a sitter to enter my home every single day to do the chores owning cats requires. 

• 1 month ago

Call your local Vet hospitals, some few do kennel services (aka pet hotels.)

The receptionist or vet might recommend a sitter, if that is what you prefer.

• 1 month ago

You can check out Rover.com for cat sitting. Someone will come to your house once a day, twice a day, stay the whole two weeks if you want. You can interview people and see who fits and hire them on. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.