Is it prone to poverty without parental support?

I am Japanese. I have a question.

I think many people in Japan depend on their parents' home environment.

A good person does not get a good job, but a person whose parents pay a lot gets a good job.

Therefore, people who have problems with their home environment are more likely to have a hard living.

What about other countries? I was bothered.

And I am still studying English.

I would be thanks if you could point out any mistakes in the writing.

Poverty is linked to underperformance in academics in pretty much every country.

Yes, its true that in Japan people who come from rich families are able to get into go Universities and hopefully get good jobs. Its been that way for a long time. In the USA, I think its somewhat true as well. And yes, people who have a bad home environment usually have a hard time in the future...but not always.  Good luck studying English. Your writing is ok but you need to use clearer examples. "home environment" could mean many things. 

Then why do people go to university in Japan? Isn't it to learn new skills to get a good paying job? I don't understand how can you get a job by paying for it. It should depend on whether or not you have the skills to do the job.