Anonymous

My boyfriend gets mad when I hit him back. ?

I'm not sure if this is abuse and I just need someone to tell me what it is.

Me and my boyfriend met last year and we liked each other a lot. He was very sweet and kind and always showed me love and told me he loves me. It's been a couple of months now and he completely changed. He's so cold towards me and doesn't treat me with respect anymore. He randomly comes into the room and smacks me on my arm. It hurts and I get really angry so I do it back and he just gets more mad and we start fighting. He's bigger so he outweighs me and pains me a lot, more than I pain him. I don't even want to pain him too much because if I do, he'll literally leave me in bruises. When I cry, he tells me it's just a joke and I need to calm down. I don't ever expect a man to put his hands on me like that or leave bruises on me, but I can't bring myself to leave. I'm too scared to leave because I don't know what he's capable of and I have no where to go, or any family near me. Is this abuse or are we being abusive to each other? I've really started to hate him but I don't know what to do. I'm 26 years old. 

I know it's not smart to hit him back since he's gonna hit harder, but my anger arises and I have to hit him back. I hate sitting there and letting a man hit me. 

• Vicki

This is abuse.

You should leave the relationship.

He is abusing you.

You are defending yourself.

Leave.

Girl, you shouldn't be scared of him. He's a weak man. If he comes face to face with a real man, he will shít himself. You should pack your things and head to a woman's shelter or call the police. This isn't a healthy relationship and he knows he's stronger than you so he's gonna continue to do this. Get out and don't look back. It's gonna get worse in the future. 

If he causes you to hurt then it is abuse. You need to get away from him, just go. A female doesn't need to be afraid her guy is going to hurt her but in reality, you're not very smart, hitting someone you know is going to hit you back harder is not very smart. 

Hit him with a baseball bat.

• Barry

You seem to be content playing the victim. He is a useless piece of shite but you love him. So there is no solution. Unless you can change of course.