Anonymous

IS my italian college degree valid in America?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

I don't know it friend 

Good luck

• 1 month ago

If it is a bachelor's degree from an accredited university, it's accepted as equivalent to a bachelor's degree elsewhere.

But if you are aiming for a job with employment visa in US, bachelor's degree is not enough. Expect to need minimum of master's degree + several years of experience in a STEM occupation which is in short supply in US to have any prospects. And then you have to compete for a job - sometimes with 1000 or more other applicants from around the world. (I know of one employer needing someone with minimum of master's degree plus 5-10 yrs experience in an unusual occupation who received 10,000 applicants within 24 hours of posting the opening. A friend who is a pharmacist advertised for a part-time pharmacist to assist him, state licensed, who received over 600 foreign applicants, and there is NO way part-time work ever qualifies for employment visa!)

So what, specifically are you looking for here? Are you an American who studied abroad? Or...?

• drip
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Depends on what area of study you degree is in and what university you got it at.   For example a nursing degree may not qualify you for a nursing position in the US.  IF you can get a job.

As far as graduate school. Best to contact the US university direct. Many international students attend Graduate school in the US

• 1 month ago

Validity depends on who you are presenting it to. A school may be stricter than an employer.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.