Is it safe to eat frozen Onion Rings that are uncooked?

First of all, I am NOT a troll, I'm asking this bc I'm a curious 21 year old autistic man.

Favorite Answer

I don't think frozen, uncooked onion rings will be very good to eat, they will be rock solid. They may not taste nice either. I would definitely recommend cooking them as per instructions then eating them. I hope this helps. :)

No its not safe-

There is a reason as to WHY onion rings are usually dipped in a deep fryer before being eaten... its to get the temperature to above 140F, to make it edible. 

Eating uncooked onion rings isn't safe, and you can wind up with a whole hoist of problems, ranging from nausea, to stomach pains, to liquid shits.... its not safe at all, so don't do it.

Source(s): I work at a restaurant/trained in health and food safety.
  • denise

I think they're  lightly cooked before being frozen, but I would'nt like them just as they are.

Sure you can eat them frozen, but why would you?

NO I would cook them simply because they have been handled in the packaging.Not sure they would hurt you but probably not good for you either.Uncooked,

• GFH

The batter for onion rings contain eggs.  As such, it is not safe to eat uncooked frozen onion rings

• Danny

No please don't eat uncooked onion rings, most likely upset your stomach.

Frozen onion rings that you buy in the store are not uncooked.  Normally they are already partly cooked and you are reheated and doing the last part of the process.

Since eating uncooked onions would harm you, people do it in salads all the time, eating uncooked onions with a little breading around them is unlike to harm you.  (Unless there is something in breading itself.)

But they would be solid as a rock and taste really disgusting.

i think they would taste disgusting, so just don't bother

No.  The onion would not be the problem, the batter would be the problem.