lindsey asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 month ago

Am I taking birth control right?

I take a combination pill. I wanted to get started on my pill so I took the pill on Sunday but I didn’t wait for the Sunday following my period. So basically I started it early. Now I’m having cramps and breaking out, always hungry, and very moody, so I continue to take my pill regularly or should I stop, wait for my period then start up again? 

3 Answers

Relevance
  • alan P
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You can start at any time. Continue taking the pill according to the schedule.

• :)
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

You can start the pill at any time. The Sunday after your period or on day 1 of your period is only a recommendation. Keep in mind, since you started at a time that’s not recommended, it will take longer for the pill to work for contraception. you’ll need to use condoms for 7 days. If you started on day 1 of your period/within 5 days of your period, you would have been protected right away.

• 1 month ago

The reason you start it on first day of period is to keep your cycle normal, as you took it early you will have a messed up cycle and extra period or bleeding but keep taking it and it will sort itself out after a month or so.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.