How to get used to eating food you don't particularly enjoy the taste of?

I am 22 years old and over the last few months I have started to enjoy eating food that I hadn't liked the taste of for years. However there are some things such as hummus  I still want to enjoy eating. Please if you have any tips I would really appreciate 

• denise

In the case of hummus,  eat it with other foods that you like:-

I like hummus with :-

Celery sticks. In a tuna sandwich with thin sliced red radish. With some caramellised onion stirred into it. Added pesto in the pot is quite tasty too.

as we grow our taste buds change so that's why foods you didn't use to eat are now edible, as far as eating stuff you don't like but want, try then dipped in or covered with cheese or gravy and use less each time 

NO need to ,Life is too short spending time trying to eat food you don't like when there are tons you probably do.

hummus is middle Eastern bean dip. thats it.

No magic to it.

there is no need to eat it.

BUT there are many many recipes for it. Some are horrible, some are delicious.

Keep trying either making your own or buying till you find one you like.

Or

skip it and move on with your life.

Try to add to those foods some spices, such as cilantro, ginger, cumin seeds, cardamom, lemongrass and so on... they're healthy and tasty, you may like them :)

Don't eat what u don't like , as we age our taste buds change

• Anton

WTF do you want to eat crap you don't like the taste of?

At age 73, the best tip is to NOT.

If you don't like a food, don't eat it.

If you don't like your job, switch.

If you don't like someone, mostly ignore them.

Just try a bit each time you have the chance.  

You may "learn" to like it but if it is something you truly do not like the taste or texture of there are lots of other things to try. 

As many times as I have eaten something with cilantro on it I still can not abide the taste. 

And I tried Durian once and that was one time too many as far as I am concerned, no amount of time or tasting will improve that! 

If you don't like the taste, don't eat it.

I would suggest trying to eat it on various vegetables and or chips. Either that or start adding various spices to it to make the flavor more palatable. If you like Mexican food, try adding some cilantro, chili powder, or ground cumin. If you like Italian food try adding some Oregano, Basil or garlic powder. I think you get the idea.