What is my cars fault?

Volvo V50 2.0D

right my car went to the garage over christmas period to get a full new suspension and was sat for 3weeks and 4 days i believe, now i have some sort of problem when i start the car it will just idle, it wont rev above idle and starts smoking from the engine bay and the exhaust lots of black smoke. i took it for a long 100 mile run on the motorway to try and clear it out a bit, and it works fine now apart from when im sat in the car park waiting for my partner in the shop with the radio on etc so draining a bit of the battery for 10-15 mins the car does its idle thing again where it wont increase rpm i have to let it idle then turn of the car and start it again then it works fine.. but the only thing puzzling me is the fact the smoke out the engine compartment couldnt be due to a drained battery could it?

No!! This smoke is due to worn engine parts; booth cylinders and cylinder liners.

The engine probably needs to be reboored(SP), as soon as possible, as this shows the use of too much oil.

Source(s): Many years of personal experience.

Check for trouble codes with a scanner.  Could be a bad MAF sensor, bad O2 sensors, bad throttle body, bad injectors, bad EVAP purge valve or if you are really not lucky, the PCM is shot.

• Neil

A 2.0 D will not have a bad throttle body. Diesel engines don't have throttles.

..........none of that.