Anonymous

Despite the penalty of going into the underworld, how much can a man take if he can’t support himself correctly ?

I’m late 30’s and been employed at my current job for 13 years. In that time, ups was considered a good company however it’s only been going down the drain since. I’ve tried to get a second job for years. Currently I have no skills so I apply for no skill jobs and can’t even get another no skill job. One class away from a degree but this is looking grim. 

I figure at my current age I only got about 20 or 30 years left in me. i have steady job history and no criminal record. I’m at my least rope here. Looks like I’m gonna have to do things extreme. What do you think?

so do you drive for ups? how about a truck driving job.

I;m 40 and I can tell you the US job market has been in decline since the year 2000, Got much worse after 9-11 happened, got a little better in the mid 2000's then the great recession of 2008 and 20099 happened and things have been jacked up ever since, sure there has been some recovery since then but we got a long way to go.

God bless

• Bort

I think your mistake here is thinking you don't have any skills.

- Driving is a skill. Safe driving is a very sought after skill by employers with driving opportunities.

- You can navigate with out a digital device! (hopefully). That is a skill.

- You know how to organize things. That's filing and book keeping. That's a skill.

- You likely know how streets and roads and property addresses work and are organized. That's a skill (logistics).

- You use computer devices (the scanner). That's a skill.

Look for other driving jobs such as maybe for local bakeries or places like Frito Lay or a potato chip company driving a box truck delivering food and dry goods to stores.

I'm not going to say it's going to be similar pay, benefits, and work but it's something you do have the skills to apply for positions available you might have an advantage over other people to get hired for.

Room mate is generally one way to cut expenses in half.