Lyme disease question?? Please help?

Ok so about 2 years ago I got a the bullseye rash that is common with Lyme disease. Knowing nothing about it at the time I just brushed it off and just thought it was a rash. Since Lyme disease is now gaining some popularity I read about it in an article the other day and compared the rash to my own and it looks very similar. My mother and I don’t talk much but I reached out and asked her if she knew anything about it and she told me that she has Lyme disease and I need to get it checked out immediately. I’m just scared because it’s been years since I’ve gotten the rash and if I do have it, it’s been untreated. I looked into late-stage Lyme and I do suffer from a few of them. I have noticed a decrease in my concentration, my ability to strategize and maintain conversations. I also experience fatigue and have very little energy most of the time. And I’m barely 20. Do you have any advice besides getting it looked at? I know a lot of health care professionals aren’t aware of the impact it can have or even believe there is such thing as chronic Lyme. Does anyone else suffer, and what are your symptoms? 

I don’t have the rash anymore

Hello, let me just say it is unfortunate that you are facing this delema. But we need to be calm and rational about the situation, these symptoms are common in many things such as for me low serotonin levels gave me a lack of concentration with my anxiety. And anxiety and stress can also cause this loss of concentration, strategy, conversations and any other common thinking abilities of the brain. And when you’re wearing yourself out with your mind it can easily cause fatigue and sluggishness. Personally I would consult a doctor on this matter, as it won’t hurt to be checked up on. And if you are worried to be confirmated on Lymes disease, think of it this way, you could catch it at an earlier stage (as someone finding out about stage 2 cancer) or wait and be diagnosed with a later stage (as waiting and being diagnosed with stage 3 or 4 cancer). So with that I highly recommend checking in with a doctor as they could catch and diagnose Lyme disease, but also any other problems that could be causing these effects.

With that, I hope I answered your question and I hope you’ll be ok.

I’m afraid you’re almost certainly going to die. Sorry. 

• y

You are about a decade behind in this area, Health care providers are very aware or Not only Lyme's, but other tick born illnesses that are also on the rise. Lyme's is considered at epidemic levels in the north east.

The simple answer, is get tested, there are very specific tests to id lymes and chronic lymes. (the rash disappears quite fast-that is normal); plenty of docs  know how to treat lymes as well, but you need testing first.

Just go along and ask your doctor to test for it.

The tests (ELISA and Western Blot) do not always prove reliable, so you may need to be referred to a specialist.

• kelvin

you and your mother are huge hypochondriacs as you don't and she doesn't have lyme disease