Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthHealth & Well-BeingInjuries · 8 months ago

How long will I need to spend in hospital for swallowing a razor blade (don't judge me)?

The blade needs to be removed right away, before it can do serious damage to your internal organs. If it hits an artery and severs it, you will bleed out in minutes, and it will end up being fatal, this needs to be dealt with NOW.

How long will you be in the hospital? You will need emergency surgery and an operating room will be set up for you right away once you are admitted, and given your circumstances admission will happen real quick due your critical situation. As for the surgery, as long as the blade hasn't cut any organs, it should be a rather quick one (under 30 minutes) and then you will be put in recovery for 3 hours, and be sent home that day or night. If the blade has done damage, you will not only need surgery to remove the blade, but surgery to fix any internal damage, which could take hours.

Your stay will be anywhere from 5 hours to several days.

If you wait too long you won't need a hospital, sicko.

You won't since you will die from the razor blade

Source(s): Ufjensnd0dus sjdmxbdhslznc
  • Mark

You'd almost invariably die rather horribly, too.

<don't judge me

Sorry, I won't judge, but I WILL bet you're an angsty, teenage girl who likes dressing all in black and vapes.

You might die, or you might suffer permanent damage and never be able to eat properly again for the rest of your life. You might want to reconsider.