Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 1 month ago

How would you react if your 17 year old daughter sneaked out of the house and stayed away the whole night without telling you anything?

• Don't be mad. Establish trust. The more calm you are the more information you can get. Tell her you'd rather know where she is and drop her off than be worried. If she wants to spend the night somewhere to text you. She may not share everything right away but she will be more respectful.

Don't want her sneaking out and getting pregnant because you get more mad at her. If she tells you what's up you can meet the boy she's with or if she's going to a party see if there's drugs and educate her before dropping her off. The more you let her know it's fine the more she will share and less she'll feel inclined to rebel. I never drank because my parents said you want to do them that's fine do them with us first....they said I could do drugs but they said these things mess up your life however you want to do them do it with us. Now I drink but never once blacked out or got crazy. Boys were forbidden...I've had a secret abortion because I rebelled. I will not make that mistake with my kid

i would take her most meaningful toy away, her cell phone.

She'd be having a hard time earning any freedom again for a very long time. 

I'd take her to the doctor and get her on birth control, preferably an implant so there's nothing to remember. I'd talk to her about safe sex and using condoms. You can't stop her from growing up, but you can ask her to be safe about it.

Buy them pepperspray

i would beat the **** out of her with a belt. 

i would be upset, but teenagers do that sort of thing.

as long as she came home and was safe i would be okay with it.

you have to give teens space sometimes. at 17 they are almost an adult.

• Tri-Harder

Of course you give them space.  And they give respect, letting you at least know where they are.

• Silver

My dad would be PISSED. My sister gets in trouble like that all the time, even at 21. I was more of a homebody, and I would always tell somebody, even if it was just her... I don't want to get murdered.