At work is it ok to have break every two hours?

I work at manafacturing company

I think thats about right, people work better when they get breaks so most businesses want them taking breaks a couple times a day.

• H

I don't think there is anything wrong with having a small break. It depends on your boss though. The important thing is you don't burn yourself out. Should be fine to get a drink of water, if necessary. Although needing a break for every two hours? You may need to get into shape.

• John

Some state laws give you a 10 minute break every 2 hrs.

• Unless it's for medical reasons, also that depends on your company's policy with regards to breaks. If you need more frequent breaks ask your boss if you're allowed to do so, specially if you have a medical condition that requires you to rest. But you may require a doctor's note that says you need the extra time to rest.

Usually no that's not okay. I work a general labor job in a ware house, I'm also a woman by the way. I get a 15 minute break then a half hour un payed lunch, I work about 9 hrs a day. I don't take any other breaks. I work in Ontario, Canada.

If the job is too much for you to handle, you may want to start looking for jobs with lighter work. 

• Tavy

Not in the UK, it's a 2O minute break in each 6 hour shift.

You get 2 paid 15 minute breaks every 8 hour shift (one every 4 hours) and one unpaid 1/2 hour lunch during that time.

• Bec

Not here either. You have a minimum 20 minute break per 6 hour shift. A lot of employers will give an hour lunch but the law is 20 minutes for 6 hours