Who here have felt God’s Holy Spirit when they give up their pride and give everything to him?

I felt peace beyond human understanding about a year ago, I was super low and depressed. I was still an Atheist until that night I got on my knees and asked if God was real and ask for his Holy Spirit. Then something super natural happened. My eyes were wide open, tears came down my face (I didn’t cry, my tears wouldn’t stop), I felt this peace I have never felt before, it’s not the peace when you rest or love your life, it’s something different. It’s like you are in heaven and you didn’t want to come back down. By the time, I regained myself it felt like everything negative throughout my whole life left me in an instance. I looked at my phone and I saw 20 minutes have gone by.

I have, several times.  And nobody, NOBODY who has never, as you said, given up their pride and yielded everything to the Lord, can understand the peace He gives.

Jesus said "It is My peace I give you" (John 14:27).  If you don't know Him, if you hold anything back from Him, He cannot share His peace with you, because He won't force Himself on you.  He won't go where He isn't wanted.  But once you have experienced His peace, you'll never be the same 🙂

That was the day you were born again :)

• TI3 months agoReport

Don’t I need to be baptised with water? I don’t quite understand. Some people say you are born again after this experience and some say you must be baptised with water to be born again?

Since when is the Holy Spirit something you feel?  And you said "It’s like you are in heaven and you didn’t want to come back down."  How do you know what it's like in heaven?

No. Jesus gave us an objective means by which to know him. He gave us the Church; not feelings.

• American Catholic

And think about it: If this feeling that you are experiencing is "supernatural" and "beyond human understanding" it would be beyond YOU too. You wouldn't even know what you're experiencing.

• Dave D

It is sad that so many refuse to experience that inner peace.  Worse is when they deny what other people say when they speak about their experience of it.

nobody - no gods exist.

That's really cute, hon.

"The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit" (John 3:8).

Congratulations.I think you are an honest person.I have had experiences like that.

• TI3 months agoReport

Thank you. I used to be a really bad person because of my past and upbringing. There’s a lot of violence and greed in my family. But since that day, I’ve changed and the pride I once had is leaving me every day. I’m certain it was God, I am seeing things through new lenses and wisdom flows.

And how many times are you going to tell us this story?

• Mack

None, though I imagine quite a few might claim to have....

After you finished praying you used your rabbit ears vibrator, didn't you?