Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMen's Health · 9 months ago

How to maximise growth during puberty?

I'm 16.5 years old 5'8.5 My dad is 6'3 my mum is 5'1 and I have very tall relatives on my dad's side great grandfather 6'9 uncle 6'6 however I only grew half an inch from last year and I don't know why. If I can still grow what can I do to maximise my height from now till 21 as I'm hoping to atleast get to 6'1 as I play basketball

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 months ago

you mum being a dwarf will hold you back

• Marc
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

You cannot. It is genetically determined

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

Reported                                 

• kelvin
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

you stop stressing and worrying over it

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 9 months ago

Eat very healthy foods, get lots and lots of sleep, and get daily exercise. That's all you can do to enable your body to have the resources to grow to the maximum height that was programed into your DNA.

People can only grow taller if the growth plates in their bones are open.  These plates tend to fuse in the mid-teen years, but some people do grow into their 20's.  The only way to know if you can still grow is to have an x-ray of your growth plates.  Your family doctor can also give you a very good estimate of your adult height based on your height/length at age 2 -- feel free to ask about this at your next visit.  

• Adam D
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

All you can do is live healthy - eat right, get enough sleep, exercise regularly.  Your dad and his family are tall, but your mother is shorter than average for a woman, so it's hard to tell where you will end up.

• 9 months ago

Exercise and healthy eating

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.