Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 month ago

How do I get my neighbor to take down his confederate flag?

I've asked him 3 times with no avail. The flag is hurtful and triggering. It makes me angry and cry as I drive by it daily. It makes me sick he is so oblivious to his white male privilege.

You shouldn't need to do that. We live in a pseudo democracy that guarantees the superficiality of putting whatever flag you want in your yard.

your a tax payer you do not have to put up with that you can sue over this

and win no one has to put up with this

Call the cops or government so they know you are being offended. 

• Leaperman1 month agoReport

I like that. The police should always know the nut jobs that live in the neighborhood.

https://www.libertynation.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Liberal-woman-screaming-at-the-sky.png

people like him don't care if it hurts you. that's why they have it up, they have the whole "this new generation is full of snowflakes" bullshit idea stuck in their heads. if you don't wanna do anything illegal, there isn't really much you can do besides keep bugging him about it. but maybe act less like it hurts you and more like he's stupid for having it up and you find it funny. they don't like being made fun of.

• Ann

Then you need to get over yourself! It's called free speech and he has the right to fly it. There is no such thing as White male privilege! Frankly, if I was your neighbor and knew this is what it did to you, I'd decorate my house with the Rebel Flag.

• William1 month agoReport

Guess you have never been to "the south"  You will see lots of American flags and no football players protesting! 

Tell him if it isn't solid white, it isn't the true Confederate flag...

• remind him that his side LOST , and it just shows how much of a LOSER he IS . not to mention his side commited Treason aginst this country 

• Steven S

Crazy, Losing does not mean you cease being who you are. It means you have lost a battle. Germany and Japan still fly their flag.

Sorry but you can't. Its a legal flag, and it's his property. He can do whatever he wants

• Julie1 month agoReport

Or how do you rightfully know he is traitor or a terrorist?  What makes him one?  Just curious. 

That’s his freedom of speech. If it triggers you than don’t look at it. Stop being so sensitive. The world isn’t going to cater to your beliefs. 

• Aquarius 1011

out2lunch4now2 Well, even the most luxurious holiday resort has rules, otherwise it would not still be that. And, hate speech is not free speech, as it would be too much freedom. 

Unless he is violating a zoning law or an HOA rule there is nothing you can do.  Pull up your big boy pants and get on with your life. BTW - I don't believe a word of what you are saying.

• poncho1 month agoReport

Someone call TheBellJar and this guy that asked the question a waambulance! 😢 😭