Why are black governments always corrupt ?

Black African countries are still in poverty. I know that years of imperialism ruined their society but after all these years why are they still impoverished and relying on help from outside countries? 

I’m not asking this out of racism, i’m black. I’m genuinely curious, correct me if i’m wrong! 

You claim to be black but have never heard of Wakanda. I call foul! ;-)

Imperialism ruined their society? I disagree. Colonization led to the creation of modern-day African nations. Modern-day African nations are literally the colonies that gained independence. Colonization led to building of infrastructure, development of land, creation of industry and industrialism. If it weren't for colonization, Africa for the most part would still be full of warring tribes and no major central nation. And I am not being racist. I'm simply pointing out facts. Anyone who believes Africans were better off before colonization and Western influence is kidding themselves and don't know much history.

To answer your question, I don't know. My guess would be because black Africans allow it. They just don't seem to care about being oppressed by their leaders. I think all politicians regardless of race desire such control over the people they rule but whites in general revolt against authoritarianism.

For the very same reasons that "White governments" are always corrupt.

Or...name one that isn't.

• Asep

Even if they are corrupt, white countries are still better off than Africa, even poor white countries

I agree that most black governments are corrupt, but there is more to it than meets the eye.  Imperialism is still very much alive under the guise of helping to extract the oil from poor but oil rich nations of the world who are left worse off than before.  Do some research and find out for yourself

• Corruption is easy to find, a lack of it is not. These are 10 African countries and their "corruption perception index". This is a global index. They are graded of specific aspects of corruption and given a score.

1 Seychelles 28

2 Botswana 34

3 Rwanda 48

4 Namibia 52

5 Mauritius 56

6 Senegal 67

7 Morocco 73

8 South Africa 73

9 Tunisia 73

10 Burkina Faso 78

These are the most corrupt.

1 Angola 165

2 Chad 165

3 Congo 165

4 Burundi 170

5 Libya 170

6 Equatorial Guinea 172

7 Guinea Bissau 172=

8 Sudan 172

9 South Sudan 178

10 Somalia 180

There are 54 countries in Africa graded.

Here's another way to look at the info:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Corruption_Perc...   Here countries are scored 1-100.

USA is between 70 and 79.

I heard Zimbabwe offer Great Britain cows during the last recession