Fritz asked in PetsOther - Pets · 1 month ago

Are weasels really vicious and cruel animals?

I heard weasels are very fierce, powerful, and cruel animals compared to their size. is that true?

then can weasels kill european hamsters and squirrel, groundhog?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

They are when cornered and have nowhere to run otherwise timid.

They prey on smaller animals like rodents and go after chickens and their eggs.

Much like a ferret.

• 1 month ago

It is true that they are said to be the most vicious animal for their size. They can take down prey sometimes far larger than themselves. Rats, mice, hamsters, squirrels, hens, rabbits, etc. are all fair game.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Weasels, in groups, are renowned for taking on prey 7 or 8 times their size. 

They're intelligent, very hyper, aggressive, cute-looking, killing machines! They live a life of high-octane thrills, a necessity for survival; what with the constant threat of predation and competition for food. 

A single weasel would have no issue at all with a hamster, other rodents, or small birds. It wouldn't even be a contest. A rabbit, hare or anything bigger would be prey for a pack of them. I've seen weasels have a go at a fox before. The fox had no option but to run, the weasels are simply too small and too fast. 

I don't know, but I should imagine a pack would take on other mustelids as well, like stoats or minks. If they felt confident enough in number.

• 1 month ago

Weasels are hunters. They eat meat and are very agile and smart predators. Just because they are small and cute looking does not mean they are cruel. That's like saying lions are cruel or any other predator, which makes no sense really.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Rick
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

IF they feel threatened, they have the 'equipment' to fight back.  OR they can be playful ...........................

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.