Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 1 month ago

Can we argue that no side was "good" or "bad" during World War II?

It's like what Winston Churchill said: "War does not determine who is right — only who is left."

27 Answers

Relevance
  • Sally
    Lv 4
    4 weeks ago

yes we can argue that and we can argue other things as well

• 4 weeks ago

My German side was good, we exterminated life forms lower than roaches and all of humanity would have benefited from ridding the world of such filth.

But of course the liberal world of today wants to coexist with subhumans, so they aren't open to reason. 

Other than that both sides were pretty much the same. They did nasty things like kill POWS or civilians but they also were civil to each other a lot too. Like the German soldier who died in a minefield trying to save a wounded American at Hurtgen Forest, the Americans who treated German prisoners mercifully and the German soldier who gave a wounded Russian a drink of water. 

• Tina
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

What do you mean 'life forms lower than roaches'?

• F
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

Sure the Allies did bad things notably the atom bombs and the mass bombing of Germany, but they were done to end the war that was started by Germany and Japan. (OK Nazi apologists, I know Britain and USA actually declared war) and to stop far worse atrocities committed by the Axis.

• 1 month ago

If you can't see that the Nazis were trying to take over the world with Japan and both countries committing atrocities against humanity  then you are either a troll or a sheep so far down the rabbit hole you will never wake up.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Sure. But I think t is better to argue that there is better or worse. And when you take into account who attacked, who killed the most civilians and prisoners, raped the most and destroyed other people's life, then Nazi Germany, Japan, the USSR and Italy would be at the top.

• ...Show all comments
    • Tim D
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

But they also slaughtered North Africans indiscriminately. Using gas and bombs as well as shooting them.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Yes, we can. But we'd be wrong.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I'd say the Axis land grab policies, sneak attack, rape of Nanking, internment of oppressed people in death camps etc. clearly signals 'bad' to extreme degree. Trying to stop the aggression signals 'good' to me.

• 1 month ago

You can argue that if you like. But I think most people would see a distinction between invading other countries and defending against such invasion.

• 1 month ago

Hitler killed 6 million Jews. Do you think that was good or bad?

• ...Show all comments
    • nevin0020
      Lv 4
      4 weeks agoReport

Murder is a legal term, Hitler was the head of the legislator. Defo not saying i agree but I'm sure these killings were legal.

• 1 month ago

Funny that the one who says that is also the one who should have been tried for war crimes.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.