Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 9 months ago

does anyone still have drive in movies?

I have them in my living room

Unfortunately, the corporatized and globalized nature of modern filmmaking has been completely robbed of soul and motivation

The last drive-in that I know of in our area closed down at least 30+ years ago.  Maybe more like 40 years but I'm not sure of the exact date.

• Kyle

google is your friend here.  there's one near me that i've gone too before.  

I have one close by me

Not where I live, the last once closed well over 25 years ago. The corporation tore down their drive-in theater and built a 24 screen movie theater on the land. The old drive-in had 6 screens. I even worked there when I was in high school.

there is one located in a town about 60 miles southeast of us.

Yes. There are three within an hour's drive of here. They are seasonal, closing mid to late October and reopening in April.

i think some places might still have them

Only if I park my car in the living room.

I see what you're saying, but there isn't any where I live.