THBBFT! asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 1 month ago

Windows 7 users, will you be upgrading to Windows 10, switching to Linux or Mac, or just keeping what you have?

I'm going to keep Windows 7 because I have a lot of software that I don't want to pay to replace but for surfing the Internet I will loading Linux onto a virtual machine, either VirtualBox or VMWare.

• George
    Favorite Answer

I had Win 7 but switched to Linux Mint. After ten years using Mint I have now switched to using MX Linux which I find faster and easier.

Just upgraded to Windows 10. I hung on to Windows 7 on our last computer because of the Media Center Guide that they discontinued Jan 1st. I now use Plex on Windows 10. I mostly use Linux when I need a server of some kind.

• Enigma

The Windows 7 I have will remain unchanged. I have other PC's with Windows 10,Mac,and the Chrome OS.

i am switching to Mint XFCE, but i am using windows 10 as dual boot when I want to play games that don't run in linux.

• Lv 7

if it ain't broke...

Upgraded to 10 ages ago, there is absolutely no point in sitting on 7, which is far slower due to the kernel and outdated DirectX 11.

• Dave

Haven't owned a Win 7 box in almost 10 years. I prefer to keep my hardware up to date.

I wish I had my Windows Vista computer.