My car is acting weird?

A few days ago i was driving and all of a sudden my car wouldn’t accelerate. The engine was still making noise but the car wouldn’t accelerate. I turned the car off and turned it back on and it worked again. However now my car sounds weird, the engine sounds different, it almost sounds like a spaceship and it sounds weak compared to how it used to sound. There is also a loud almost buzzing sound when i am stepping on the brake. I have a 2005 mercedes e500, and no lights have come on to check anything. Do you have any idea what the problem could be?

• zipper

MECHANIC TIME< Before this gets any worse, also try checking your oil level.

Hmm, the rebranded VW. AKA, Mercedes. #1 problem with these symptoms is that the tranny fluid is too low by 2 or 3 quarts or liters. 

Check that issue first. I know some cars no longer have a dipstick to check the tranny fluid level or add fluid. So, you might be stuck having the fluid level checked at a repair shop. Usually a steel plug on the side of the tranny housing is removed to check the fluid level on cars without tranny dipsticks. 

• hart

brand of engine oil don't match the engine

low quality oil

As soon as you mentioned spaceship and left it there- you lost me. Like which #ucking spaceship.?  Klingon, Romulin, Borg, Death Star, X-wing fighter, Hathors(SG-1), DISTRICT 9, IronMan?, Wakanda?

They all make different noises.

See a mechanic and he can sort it out...because it may be the sound of a septic sewage sucker machine to him.  But his ears are there.

Your problem is that it is a Mercedes

Get your transmission checked. That particular model has a common issues with a sensor plate in the transmission that warps causing in consistent connection. 

No, I don't have any idea.  I have two dozen possible ideas.  And like the people who tried to provide technical answers, none of my possible ideas are going to help you.

What you need is a certified automotive technician, also known as a mechanic.  Make an appointment with one, tell them exactly what you just told us (no need to use that technical jargon, use your own words), and give them time to check it out.

Maybe it's your engine timing, maybe it's the transmission, or maybe (maybe even probably) it's a worn out computer chip or sensor somewhere.  The important thing is that it just doesn't drive the way it normally does, and it makes those weird sounds when you brake.  That stuff might sound useless to you and I, but it tells the mechanic where they need to start looking.

Sounds like a transmission problem, or maybe a head gasket?

maybe you should have a mechanic check it out

• Snezzy

This standard "Pearl" answer is surprisingly right on target.

• Snezzy