Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationOther - Cars & Transportation · 1 month ago

What are some cool cars from the 1930s that i can daily drive?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Har, har, hardy, har, har! 1930's? Not going to find a daily driver from that era of cars. Most didn't have heaters, power steering, or brakes that were almost as bad as jumping out of the car and pushing backwards on the body as you rolled to a stop. Can't find replacement parts. Can't exactly manufacture replacement parts unless a tool and die company has a blueprint to look at. 

Now, if you find one that has been restored and has a modern engine, tranny, brakes on it, then go for it. 

• 1 month ago

Brother used to drive 1939 chevy sedan on county roads, occasional interstate and some city streets, was a uncles estate sale. Co worker used to drive 1931 model A to work, around town in Madison , Wi as daily driver, had the afermarket heater, defroster, very good in winter with the higher ground clearance. 1936 Ford V8 was used as daily driver, secondary  until wanabee hot rodder  offered enough.  Some mostly restored model A s used by club members with the upgraded model with turn signals 40 hp engines tuned for 50hp good around town, county road with 55 mph speed limits. hydrualic brakes fro 1950 to 1970 F100 or similar can be quickly adapted . 1930 Chevy and Plymouths, dodges and the straight 8  Buick and Pontiacs have long time production engines, drive train, can cruise at 55 for long time, minor tuning, tweaking can get a 65 mph cruise for main hiways. .  

• 1 month ago

None that can go fast enough to drive on freeways without lots of modification. Those old cars have brakes operated by cables instead of hydraulic systems. They weren't designed for today's speeds.  

MY old Ford has had extensive mods to make it safe, and fast enough to keep up with other cars.

• ...Show all comments
    • Trump 2020
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Right. My old Ford has only 1 tail light, and no turn signals. I have to use arm signals, and lots of young people today don't know arm signals.

• 1 month ago

Cadillac, Ford, LaSalle, Buick, Pontiac, Lincoln, Hudson, Chevrolet, Plymouth, DeSoto,, Nash, Oldsmobile, Oakland Automobile, Packard....not Jeep.

• curmudgeon55
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

obvious no Jeep in 1930s. bantam didn't make prototype for army until about 1940. Willys production 1941, Ford 1942 mostly for lend lease to British 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Almost none. 

But I do have a friend in Cheltenham, England, who daily drives his 1937 Citroën Traction Avant for about six months of the year. They were so advanced that even today they drive really well, keep up with modern traffic, and most parts remain easy to get as they were manufactured into the late 1950s. 

• 1 month ago

None......……. .

• 1 month ago

The nice thing about cool 1930's cars is the availability of modern day counter parts. There are businesses that will build you a 1930's "retro rod" and any of them would be cool. They have modern power trains and up-dated suspensions (unless you prefer original equipment).

As a matter of fact- you could build your own.

Now selection is limited to mostly Fords with a few Chevy products.

My choice a modern day 1932 Crown Vic.

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I dont think any car from the 30s in original condition would be suitable for daily driving. You'd have to update it with modern systems like aircon and power steering, or just drive it on suitable weekends

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

A bicycle.........

• 1 month ago

That's easy: None. Such a car would be a maintenance nightmare, with few to no parts available, and many issues with systems, the frame, and so on.

• ...Show all comments
    • Trump 2020
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

They have used parts and aftermarket replacement parts. ANY part, including engines, transmissions.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.