Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationBuying & Selling · 1 month ago

What is the lowest that a car can be traded in for?

I have a 2001 Ford Focus with nearly 130000 miles on it, that has had two accidents, is dented on one side, none of the windows roll down, the front bumper is loose, and the windshield has a lot of cracks in it. I'm thinking about buying a new car and getting rid of this one. Is it possible for me to trade this car in for about $300?

They will give you that for any piece of junk to sell you a new car, yes.

Your friend forget trading the vehicle in take it to the junkyard and get $400 and use it as part of your down payment the dealership might feel sorry for you with a car that beat up and take your car and work the $400 that they give you as a trade-in to your payments on the new car you do better to take the car to the junkyard yourself and get your $400 and show up at the used car dealership buy here pay here and try to get something else.

anything is possible.

• JetDoc

Dealers won't care about any of your car's problems. They will just tack on a few more fees or charges to your "deal" to make up for the loss they take on your trade-in, and it will go straight to the local auto salvage yard.

You could possibly sell it outright on Auto Trader for that.

It might be worth more than that as a parts car. Before you trade it in, go to a junk yard and see what they will give you for it.

Nobody is going to buy it so there’s no point for the dealership to buy the car. They only buy it if they can rent it or sell it. It’ll probably take a whole lot more to repair it than to sell it after it’s been fixed. 

• just  keep  in  mind … they  raise  the  price  of  the  new  car  to  compensate.

• chorle

The lowest for a trade-in is a very big negative number and involve adding your existing debt to the new car loan but not keeping the older car. I think you might get more if you are replacing it with a car that is selling with intensives. 

You should also talk to your credit union about getting pre approved for an auto loan because the dealer is not the best place to get a loan unless they can offer you a better rate than your credit union 

You could get a tax credit that is better than that from a charity you could turn it in to.

Source(s): I sold my running 1993 minivan to my gardener for $185 of his work.