Darren asked in SportsWrestling · 1 month ago

With Tessa Blanchard as Impact World Champion, what happens to Impact Wrestling going forward??

At Hard to Kill, the most shocking moment happened, Tessa Blanchard became the first woman to become a world champion in the company's history.

For the past couples of months, she and Sami Callihan have been fighting in inter gender match and every one of them were epic, but Hard to Kill was really epic because it was a 23 minute battle for the Impact World Title and probably considered Impact Wrestling's great battle since AJ and Angle.

But some fans are not too excited about it, fans are now wondering what's gonna happen to the company now, who's gonna be the top guy now.

Tessa gonna have no choice to defend the World Title against the male wrestlers and don't be surprised that Taya Valkyrie might be the next challenger

This can be looked at both ways, it can be looked at as history in the making because Tessa the first woman to be a World Champion, She did something that no woman has ever done and probably will never do again.

Charlotte Flair, Sasha Banks, Awesome Kong, even Becky Lynch will never win a World Title in a major company.

It can also be looked at as the worst thing ever because TNA/Impact Wrestling has made too many mistakes over the last 17 years and there's too many to name, but this one might be the biggest one yet.

I don't know and I can't really comment on this, but regardless of what I think and what everybody else think, Tessa made history and the wrestling landscape changed forever.

Well she way better then any guy in TNA at this time

Putting the belt on a confirmed racist will be the end of this company once and for all. The only way they can recover from this is a Black wrestler wins the belt. Someone like Rich Swann. Oh wait dammit not him. He is a kidnapper and domestic abuser. How about Moose. Nah nah my bad. Same situation. Aw to hell with it, put it in Elgin. Dammit I for got about the sexual assault stuff. Not him. I guess that leaves RVD. Let him bring a giant bong to the ring and let him hit it during matches. I would watch that for sure

LU already did it, hmm, where did that get them

It didn't live up to the hype.

NO IT WAS NOT SHOCKING

Judging from the crowd reactions Tessa got live after winning the belt, I don't think the Impact fans care much about a twitter squabble.  With that being said, I doubt they'll keep the belt on her long.  I don't follow Impact regularly, but I do believe Michael Elgin is the next in line for a title shot and I won't be surprised if he dethrones Tessa in her first defense.

Impact really doesn't seem to care about controversy.  This is the same company that continued to hire Russo off and on for a decade, booked Hulk Hogan amidst a trial over a sex tape where he was outed (again) as a racist, Jessicka Havok twice after dubious racist tweets were dug up by dox'ers online,  and gave Rich Swann a contract after he was arrested for domestic abuse.  As a matter of fact, they hired Swann's wife as well.  Speaking of Elgin, look into his history and you'll see he isn't much of an angel either.  Comparatively, dropping the n-bomb once in your late teens/early 20's and being a locker room bully doesn't seem all that bad.

As for Tessa being the first female world champion, it's not exactly true.  Kimber Lee held the Chikara Grand Championship for a solid five months with defenses under her belt between December of 2015 and May of 2016.  I'm sure before her other women also held world gold on the indies.  LuFisto comes to mind as someone who held multiple company titles in male dominated divisions.  Is any of this on the level of Impact? I suppose it's arguable, but no probably not.  Likewise, if this were to ever happen in WWE I think historians would discount Tessa's reign in a similar way.  I'm not even sure PWI acknowledges Impact's gold as a world title anymore.

Anyway, I wouldn't worry about Tessa.  She could be a bit more repentant with her past actions, and maybe a little humbler, but claims of being the 'Next Great Moolah' are hyperbole.  Considering the vast majority of the women complaining about her getting them 'blackballed' from certain areas aren't as good as Tessa, I wouldn't be surprised if her stance was justifiable.  The same, of course, can't be said about dropping racial epitaphs.

Impact is dead, has been since 2005.  Once Kurt Angle stepped through those doors, you might as well have closed them.  Frankly I'm surprised it wasn't Fail Kim, still empty virtue signaling like when TNA went through the whole 'WOMEN BLEED TOO GUYZ' gimmick tossing Knockouts into sht like ladder matches they weren't prepared for that tanked the show even lower as the sycophant fans pandered to every second because it was WWE.

"Charlotte Flair, Sasha Banks, Awesome Kong, even Becky Lynch will never win a World Title in a major company. "

Thank God because, women shouldn't be the world champion that is the entire point of having a women's world title.  To the wrestling world this will come across as yet another Impact David Arquette moment.

"probably considered Impact Wrestling's great battle since AJ and Angle."

A.J Styles vs. Kurt Angle sucked...

Source(s): Who the hell is Sami Callihan?
    • Mr. Wrestling

I think Sami Callian falls in with that Clown in WWE Sami Zayn aka Rami Sebei