How long does it take to install or upgrade microsoft windows 7 to 10?

Depending on how fast your overall system is (i.e. CPU speed & cores, SSD vs. HDD, RAM, etc.), it could take anywhere from 1 hour to a few hours.

its different for everyone

I just received my new surface pro with Windows 10. ... How long does it take to upgrade to the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 

Around it takes 3-4 hours to install or upgrade Microsoft Windows 7 to 10. 

Between 1-2 hour for overall process.

• Sally

it took me a little over five hours

• keerok

The whole day. Most of that time is spent backing up old files.

Why upgrade? Win7 is very stable, something that can't be said about 10. Worried about losing support? What did they do to you anyway after you paid for it? Win7 will continue to run even without support. I say good riddance! Just remember, 7 is the last version of windows that does not spy on you.

That depends. I already have the Windows installation media on a fast usb 3.0 stick and a super fast m.2 ssd drive. It takes me all of 10 - 15 minutes for a fresh install. I also have fast internet so it took me little time to download the mediacreationtool.exe and create the bootable flash drive for the installation software (maybe 10 minutes). If you have slow everything, it could take you a few hours.

• Rayal

I have been updating my win7 computers to win 10 using a script and it has been taking about 3 hours from start of the script to the usable desktop.  I have a fairly slow internet access.  If I had a disk or a USB key and some new licence keys it would probably take a lot less. 

About an hour...