How long does it take to install or upgrade microsoft windows 7 to 10?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Depending on how fast your overall system is (i.e. CPU speed & cores, SSD vs. HDD, RAM, etc.), it could take anywhere from 1 hour to a few hours.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

its different for everyone

• 1 month ago

I just received my new surface pro with Windows 10. ... How long does it take to upgrade to the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 

• 1 month ago

Around it takes 3-4 hours to install or upgrade Microsoft Windows 7 to 10. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Between 1-2 hour for overall process.

• Sally
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

it took me a little over five hours

• keerok
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

The whole day. Most of that time is spent backing up old files.

Why upgrade? Win7 is very stable, something that can't be said about 10. Worried about losing support? What did they do to you anyway after you paid for it? Win7 will continue to run even without support. I say good riddance! Just remember, 7 is the last version of windows that does not spy on you.

• 1 month ago

That depends. I already have the Windows installation media on a fast usb 3.0 stick and a super fast m.2 ssd drive. It takes me all of 10 - 15 minutes for a fresh install. I also have fast internet so it took me little time to download the mediacreationtool.exe and create the bootable flash drive for the installation software (maybe 10 minutes). If you have slow everything, it could take you a few hours.

• Rayal
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I have been updating my win7 computers to win 10 using a script and it has been taking about 3 hours from start of the script to the usable desktop.  I have a fairly slow internet access.  If I had a disk or a USB key and some new licence keys it would probably take a lot less. 

• 1 month ago

About an hour...

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.